New Headphones
Jun 5, 2016 at 8:44 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

flurry

Head-Fier
Yo, 

I've been out of the headphone game for a while, as I've been rocking my Shure SRH840s for the greater part of the last 3-4 years. Lately though, I've had a couple gripes with them. Primarily, they are extremely warm (physically lol) and heavy, making them not very ideal for the amount of time I wear them (in excess of 4-5 hours usually). Also, my tastes have kind of grown away from their sound signature; most of the time, I find myself craving something a bit more "exciting" or "fun".

I listen to a variety of different music like all kinds of rock (often not the best production quality), jazz, and hip hop. Also listen to a lot of electronic music like uk bass, garage, ambient, etc. Also game a lot, most shooters such as CSGO or Overwatch.

So I'd like something

Under 200 bucks
Good for a variety of genres
Lightweight
Comfortable
Preferably closed-back (not incredibly important)

Thanks

Jun 5, 2016 at 10:57 PM Post #2 of 6
Jun 6, 2016 at 8:46 AM Post #3 of 6
You might be able to find some Philips X1s for ~$200. Fun sounding open back headphone. If you can swing the open back, you'll like the bigger soundstage of them.

Jun 6, 2016 at 10:51 AM Post #4 of 6
You might be able to find some Philips X1s for ~$200. Fun sounding open back headphone. If you can swing the open back, you'll like the bigger soundstage of them.

+1

just bought an essentially brand new pair for my wife for 130.00....
she liked mine so much she had to have her own pair.Sh tried all my headphones and found these to be the best combo of comfort and sound.

Jun 6, 2016 at 1:58 PM Post #6 of 6
Agree with the remarks about going open-back--it has many advantages for you (including gaming). One more to consider and check out is the SoundMAGIC HP200--excellent sound quality, in your price range, and comfortable. You should read about it and see what you think.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back