New Headphones
Dec 13, 2012 at 8:49 AM Post #91 of 97
I know what you mean. I just finished all my finals. Anyway, I just ordered an amp/dac stack from schiit. They just released the new magni amp for a 100 bucks and I am effing all over it! Also a pair of grados and ultrasones. Was deciding between the grados or fidelio but since I enjoy bass so damn much I went with the ultrasones. So in a few days I will post here my impressions, all the details and of course some pictures. Hopefully I can get a hold of a camera worth using so I don't have to keep posting ****ty pictures from my iPhone.

Dec 13, 2012 at 8:58 AM Post #92 of 97
FYI, I've been eating ramen noodles everyday, drinking less, and smoking less since I found this site to save up for all this stuff. My wallet is starting to feel the hit that every other user's wallet feels on head-fi.

Dec 13, 2012 at 9:14 AM Post #93 of 97
Quote:
FYI, I've been eating ramen noodles everyday, drinking less, and smoking less since I found this site to save up for all this stuff. My wallet is starting to feel the hit that every other user's wallet feels on head-fi.

im saving up for a high end dap, a very possible purchase would be the ibasso dx100. i smoke and drink, i have no idea how my wallet can keep up with that... my wallets crying... on junk food, im eating as little as possible to save up money lol. and schiit amp for 100 bucks? dammmm, i will look into that 

btw, op, how are you liking your combo so far? keep us updated with the news!!!

Jan 2, 2013 at 6:17 AM Post #94 of 97
I'm not sure if you're talking to me or not, so I'll just answer your question LOOL. The headphones are a dream. After burning them in and breaking it in, it's just awesome. I've tried my boyfriend's m50s and they're actually pretty great as well. I'm thinking about getting them as well because I want a good pair of closed headphones that don't make my ears hurt after awhile.

Jan 3, 2013 at 9:17 AM Post #95 of 97
Quote:
I'm not sure if you're talking to me or not, so I'll just answer your question LOOL. The headphones are a dream. After burning them in and breaking it in, it's just awesome. I've tried my boyfriend's m50s and they're actually pretty great as well. I'm thinking about getting them as well because I want a good pair of closed headphones that don't make my ears hurt after awhile.

The beyers are uncomfortable? I sampled a pair of dt770 and Custom One Pro and the comfort seemed fine at the time but then again I only had it on for about 20 minutes.

Jan 3, 2013 at 12:52 PM Post #96 of 97
Quote:

thats good that you like it. i just got my ibasso dx100 and im using it with my beyerdynamic dt990 pro 250ohm and sony z1000. my friend is also thinking of getting a headphone for his mom, he has the audio technica m20, i told him to maybe check the m50 out for his mom, too. so do you think your beyer dt990 sounds better or your bf's audio technica m50 sounds better?

Jan 3, 2013 at 9:26 PM Post #97 of 97
Oh I meant that my sennheiser px 200ii's hurt after awhile haha. Not my beyers. Goodness it's like having two stuffed animals against your head. I think that the dt990's suit me better because of the soundstage and just the openness of it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back