New Headphones
Nov 26, 2012 at 6:58 AM Post #16 of 97
My koss tbse1 is decent, fair amount of bass, mid centric, fair amount of treble. But make sure you don't pay the msrp, try to get it for 70 to 80 bucks. Its a solid mid fi can. And the rest of the money, get yourself a fiio amp (maybe the e17, I have it, its pretty nice). Then its time to get READY, SET, LISTEN!!!

Nov 26, 2012 at 7:10 AM Post #17 of 97
Oh my gosh... that amp is expensive o_o And yeah I'm pretty much set on getting one of those two xD More towards the m50s though. Is the 17 that much different from the cheaper fiio amps? I've been shopping like crazy lately...

Nov 26, 2012 at 7:22 AM Post #19 of 97
I... shall think about it. My parents are going to throw a fit if they see me spending this much money all at once. Granted, it is mine, but I don't think they'd understand xD So do you have a seperate DAC thingy for your ipod?

Nov 26, 2012 at 7:29 AM Post #20 of 97
I... shall think about it. My parents are going to throw a fit if they see me spending this much money all at once. Granted, it is mine, but I don't think they'd understand xD So do you have a seperate DAC thingy for your ipod?

No I do not. For IPod, you need the dacs or dac/amps that I mentioned before to bypass the internal iPod dac. The e17 in this case works as purely an amp. The dac section of e17 can be used via usb when you are using your computer. BTW, you will need a fiio L9 cable (does not include in your e7 or e17 and has to be purchased separately, should be around 10 bucks) to connect your iPhone to the fiio amp. You don't want to just use a 3.5 to 3.5 cable and connect the iPhone to the amp via headphone out because you will be double amping and will not sound too good.

Nov 26, 2012 at 7:37 AM Post #22 of 97
Hahahaha well there's a saying over in headfi. Welcome here and sorry for your wallet!!! BTW I will be pretty broke too so don't worry because I'm going to either get the ibasso dx100 or the upcoming hifiman hm901 soon... so yeah don't worry, we are all broke over here! :D

Nov 26, 2012 at 7:41 AM Post #23 of 97
Haha! It feels nice to be a part of this broke community
smile_phones.gif

Nov 26, 2012 at 7:42 AM Post #24 of 97
Look, ur gonna use this only/mostly with your iphone? Then you won't need the DAC of the fiio e17...
Also, do you want bass, treble or maybe a neutral headphone anyways. I have the beyerdynamic dt-880, which is rather neutral.

Nov 26, 2012 at 7:53 AM Post #27 of 97
Didn't know you wanted a neutral sounding headphone... you said you may get the m50 which I don't think anyone has said its neutral... BTW you don't need the dac because you wont be able to use it with your iPhone anyway but it can come in handy when you use your comp

Nov 26, 2012 at 8:22 AM Post #29 of 97
Quote:
We welcome you with open arms and we are glad to lure you into the wallet dangerous world of audio!
wink.gif

I'm not broke yet!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back