new headphones
Mar 3, 2006 at 10:56 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

luke16

New Head-Fier
i am gonna get a v43 pmp soon and want some new headphones. if you dont know of the v43 you are missing on a device that can do almost anything. comes out to uk and usa in march/april. it had the following:

gps
music player
video player 4.3inch screne, 480 x 272 res
voice recorder
emulators (ya thats right. it had a usb port for a gamepad)
open source
multiple ui's
toutch screne
huge community
usb host
file manager (like my documents)
wireless internet (the newest colest feature)
text editor
and more...

ok, back to headphones. i was looking at the etymotic er6i's and was wondering if anyone had any knowledge of these. some others i was looking at were the e2c's and super-fi 3's. the super-fi 3's and the etymotic er6i's can be bought for approx $75. the e2c's are $60. any posts would be helpful.

i-station v43 link - http://www.v43mania.com

Mar 3, 2006 at 11:24 PM Post #2 of 11
i only have experience with the er-6i's myself and i find the detial on these iems to be fantastic for their relatively low price. Some may say the bass lacks slightly but it is dependant on the seal you can get really. Im sure some of the other more experienced members will give you a better mini round up of the IEM's but i should also say that my main problem with the etys is the build quality. I have sent mine back 3 times and have now given up and i am investing in some shure e4c's.
neway i hope this helps in some way....

Mar 4, 2006 at 4:22 AM Post #7 of 11
er6i's have amazing detail and range for the price and I have no prob with the bass they provide. But use the foam eartips because the other ones are a pain in the $%#!

Quote:

Originally Posted by luke16
ok ty

ps: whaty is the difference betyween go9ld or silver plated tips?
pps: do the er6i's have a battery compatrment in the middle of the wire?

Gold is a better conductor than silver. Definitely no battery compartment lol
etysmile.gif
, what gave you that idea?

Mar 4, 2006 at 4:25 AM Post #8 of 11
Quote:

ok ty

ps: whaty is the difference betyween go9ld or silver plated tips?
pps: do the er6i's have a battery compatrment in the middle of the wire?

No battery compartment. I'm not sure there is much of a difference between gold and silver plating, but some claim otherwise.

Mar 4, 2006 at 4:49 AM Post #9 of 11
my noise canceling panasonics have a battery compartment.

anyone know of a link to the black er6i pillow pak? looking for a sub $75 but that is cutting it close.

Mar 4, 2006 at 6:05 AM Post #10 of 11
Gold helps prevent corrosion if I remember... I have some of my father's non gold plated cords that were bought before I was born, and you sometimes have to twist the cord/jack a little or else you may lose the signal in one or both channels.

IEMs like the er6 do not need a battery compartment for the noise cancelling effect. They don't generate noise to cancel out the outside noise like active noice cancellers. They reduce outside noise by plugging up your ear, like an earplug.

Mar 4, 2006 at 7:30 PM Post #11 of 11
Quote:

my noise canceling panasonics have a battery compartment.

anyone know of a link to the black er6i pillow pak? looking for a sub $75 but that is cutting it close.

I'm not sure what you mean? All er6i (white and black) come with a pillow pack that is black nylon or something...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back