New headphones of Sennheiser, pics (not HD650)
Jan 22, 2004 at 2:37 AM Post #91 of 127
WOW! they look like they could possibly be even more comfy than the 580/600/650's! i personally think the 595's look very nice!

Jan 22, 2004 at 2:54 AM Post #92 of 127
You notice that on their page it says that it has a clamping force of 3.5 N vs. 2.5 N in 600 and 590.. Don't know if that translates into any difference in reality, but strange anyway.

Jan 22, 2004 at 3:23 AM Post #94 of 127

I read some reviews on 590, people actually complaining of them not being tight enough on the head and easily sliding from some fast movement like during exersising for instance. May be this is Senn's response to such complains.
Quote:

You notice that on their page it says that it has a clamping force of 3.5 N vs. 2.5 N in 600 and 590.. Don't know if that translates into any difference in reality, but strange anyway.

Feb 11, 2004 at 8:38 AM Post #95 of 127
Does anyone know what the 555 is supposed to be targeted towards? I have HD495 and HD600's. I don't want to spend $250 on the 595's since that would bring it too close to my HD600's. Would the 555's be a sizeable improvement over the HD495's but not quite as good sa the HD600's?

I might have to pick up a pair.

Feb 11, 2004 at 11:50 AM Post #96 of 127
Why do you need so many pairs of phones
confused.gif

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Feb 12, 2004 at 7:51 AM Post #97 of 127
Quote:

Originally posted by NetRunner

This could take some of the pressure off the top of your head which would be nice.

Feb 25, 2004 at 4:48 AM Post #98 of 127
http://www5.head-fi.org/forums/showt...5&pagenumber=1

Quote:

Originally posted by TheMuffinMan_01
they are all at 120 ohm btw.

Oh no! Thats the same number the HD590s have - and their resistance was already way too high. Does this mean I'll need to get an amp if I'd like to use them with my Creative Nomad (3)?

And are they better than the HD 600s? Currently I can get those cheaper than the HD595s...

The prices are a bit high, as in this store:

Quote:

Originally posted by Andrew_WOT i]
[B
Available in US already, ordered yesterday from here
https://www.bestbuyplasma.com/Plasm...p_X_Sku_Y_HD595[/B]

I thought they were advertised as amp-free cans?
confused.gif

Feb 25, 2004 at 1:05 PM Post #99 of 127
Dear headfellows,

Yesterday I received a first load of these phones and I have to agree with Tyll, they really sound pretty good. Even my girlfriend, who has the ears of a bat, likes them very much. I hope to write a small review on Headwize tomorrow. They're now getting a decent break-in.

Cheers,

Jan

Feb 25, 2004 at 1:21 PM Post #100 of 127
Thanks for the heads-up!!! I look forward to your always straightforward and reliable impressions! I am really psyched about the new "Zing" series Senn HD5X5 phones!!!!
biggrin.gif

It's time for wild speculation!!!!
eek.gif

Quote:

Originally posted by Jan Meier
Dear headfellows,

Yesterday I received a first load of these phones and I have to agree with Tyll, they really sound pretty good. Even my girlfriend, who has the ears of a bat, likes them very much. I hope to write a small review on Headwize tomorrow. They're now getting a decent break-in.

Cheers,

Jan

eek.gif

Feb 25, 2004 at 1:34 PM Post #101 of 127
bKeppel: You should try the Grados, Sony's CD- line or Beyerdynamic's new DTX series instead.

Jan: Ears of a bat? Is that like, really good or really bad?

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Feb 25, 2004 at 1:39 PM Post #102 of 127
I was wondering that too. Don't bats get around by hearing supersonic frequencies? I'm thinking it must be good. I'm thinking bats are pretty picky about headphones.
confused.gif

Quote:

Originally posted by Joe Bloggs

Feb 25, 2004 at 1:46 PM Post #103 of 127
Quote:

Originally posted by Joe Bloggs
bKeppel: You should try the Grados, Sony's CD- line or Beyerdynamic's new DTX series instead.

Bats are semi-blind - their hearing ability let them fly around... Their ears are really good (and large and funny looking). And yes, they'd be extrmeley picky with a pair of cans... They might go with the Etymotics ER-4P Joe Bloggs has...
A bat hit me on the head once - it was semi dark and I was speeding through a rarely used sandy road in a motorbike. They also have some weird teeth...

NOOO Sunny, Beyerdynamics - I've become a real fan of the Sennheisers. I was planning of getting the HD590s, that sounded far better than the HD280s and HD590s, but I noticed a certain roll off, that I think would go away with more power...

HMMM. Maybe I'll need to get an amp then...

Can anyone confirm in the next few days that they are ok with portables sources? Like a hdd powered MP3 player?
Mine uses 5V batteries...

Bertram

Feb 25, 2004 at 2:17 PM Post #104 of 127
"Ears of a bat? Is that like, really good or really bad?"

A few weeks ago some friends and I did some hearing tests. It showed that I'm really getting old. I couldn't hear anything beyond 15 kHz. My girlfriend on the other hand was able to identify tones upto 25 kHz. That's very high indeed!

She's a great help when I design and test new amplifiers. She hears any tendency to harshness much better than I do.

For me her good hearing is a blessing, but for herself it can be quite annoying.

Once, half a year ago, I removed the analoguer from my setup as I needed it for a demo. I didn't tell my girlfriend. When she listened to some music the next day she couldn't stand the sound. We were both puzzled, as I simply had forgotten that I removed the analoguer. To me the effect of the analoguer isn't very dramatic, but she simply can't listen without.

(Note: The analoguer is a cure for some of the intrinsic problems at the very high frequencies of digital recordings)

Cheers,

Jan

Feb 25, 2004 at 3:40 PM Post #105 of 127
Jan,

Looking forward to your Headwize review.

Hmmm. I see there must be a big age difference between you and your girlfriend.
cool.gif

I like dating young women myself.
biggrin.gif

Cheers,
Alex
580smile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back