New Headphones - Need advise
Mar 30, 2011 at 10:04 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

Knightsfan11

100+ Head-Fier

Hi.

So I will start with some background.

I am currently using an iPod. I listen to Techno, Progressive & House. So I like my music at a decent level & clean sounding. Bass is a big importance as well.

I have a pair of Audio-Technica ATH-ES7, but am looking for a good pair of In-ear headphones for between $200-$300 AUSD.

I have had a look around & currently, I have noticed the Shure SE315 & Etymotic ER61 Isolator Earphones (Although I don't like the design & appearance of them) to be rather decent & hopefully what I am looking for.

Could anybody please pass on some suggestions, would be appreciated.

Thanks

Mar 30, 2011 at 10:53 PM Post #2 of 9
You can't really go wrong with the Monster Turbine Gold in-ear headphones! Those are overall great and have great bass and that seems to be important for you! It isn't muddy sounding like the beats so keep that in mind too!

Mar 30, 2011 at 10:54 PM Post #3 of 9
Not sure Shure would be a good fit for those music types. Not sure Etys would, either. Both tend toward neutral to bass-light. I would go for something in the Sennheiser IE line, like the Sennheiser IE8s. Or, Westone 4, which are a bit higher than you want to spend, are great for Techno/Trance. I just got them and well worth it. You could try for the Westone 3s instead, but they are not as articulate in the bass as the 4s.

Mar 30, 2011 at 10:56 PM Post #4 of 9
Or the Monster Miles Davis; they do Trance well.

Mar 31, 2011 at 1:29 AM Post #5 of 9
Thanks for the recommendations.

How about Klipsch headphones?

Mar 31, 2011 at 2:43 AM Post #6 of 9
Well i actually have and have been using the klipsch image s4i headphones. I never actually had the turbines but tried the out from a friend. They are definitely better but cost 3 times the price! Never had any other Klipsch product but i am happy with my purchase. Mainly because of how comfortable they are!

Mar 31, 2011 at 3:35 AM Post #7 of 9

Quote:
Well i actually have and have been using the klipsch image s4i headphones. I never actually had the turbines but tried the out from a friend. They are definitely better but cost 3 times the price! Never had any other Klipsch product but i am happy with my purchase. Mainly because of how comfortable they are!

Thanks.
Reading in another forum I have heard good things about the Shure SE315.
It is getting a little fustrating trying to make a decision on a pair.

Mar 31, 2011 at 2:58 PM Post #9 of 9

Quote:
You said bass is important to you therefore I don't think you will be happy with the ER-6i.

OK.

I am thinking I will go with the Ultimate Ear 700. Obviously unless somebody can recommend something.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back