New Headphones for under $50 (For hardcore/electronic music)
Feb 5, 2013 at 5:59 PM Post #16 of 26
Alright, might go with the DJ100 then. I really do love my sennheisers and was wondering how these two would do:
Sennheiser HD429
Sennheiser HD419

Let me know what you think the best choice of the three would be. Thankss :D

Feb 5, 2013 at 6:11 PM Post #19 of 26
WAIT!

Look into the Somic EFi-82 MT!

It puts the M50s, the HM5, the K240, the Uptown, the HA-S500, and (according to some people) the AD900X to shame! These are $100+ headphones we're talking about it schooling, some of them even approaching $200. This thing can hold its own.

Feb 5, 2013 at 6:24 PM Post #20 of 26
Wow. How do they do for metal/hardcore and expressing the actual music. I would like to have something that shows the ACTUAL sound of the music and isn't all distorted which some people may like. Mind listening to a hardcore song (Shadow moses by bring me the horizon/O.G. loko by of mice & men) for examples and see how they do?

Feb 5, 2013 at 6:29 PM Post #21 of 26
Just my input here. I see a lot of talk about the KOSS DJ100 and I'd like to say that Tuesday Morning is selling the Tony Bennett edition, which comes WITH case and detachable cable, for $50. I picked up a pair last week and I am very impressed for 50 bucks. Not the best headphone I've ever owned, but definitely a $50 contender. Isolation is good, it's somewhat portable (cable is a tiny bit long and they are actually comfortable to wear for extended listening periods of around 2-3 hours. Definitely check them out.

Feb 5, 2013 at 9:00 PM Post #24 of 26
http://www.tuesdaymorning.com/tony-bennett-signature-edition-stereophones/1255982.jsp

Update us on if you like it or not! 
size]

Feb 7, 2013 at 4:27 PM Post #25 of 26
All i can say is wow. At first it was a huge shock to my system to have everything so clear and undistorted but I can say now that i'm quite please and these are my favorite pair of headphones ever. They handle my metal, acoustic, some electronic, and even pop. (Currently listening to diamonds by rihanna just to test the range) I can say they're quite beautiful and i'll enjoy these headphones. It's odd not having the bass boost and "feeling" the music so much but the clarity is just fantastic. Thanks for the help everyone, I'll post a more extensive review once i burn them in fully.

Feb 7, 2013 at 4:44 PM Post #26 of 26
Quote:
All i can say is wow. At first it was a huge shock to my system to have everything so clear and undistorted but I can say now that i'm quite please and these are my favorite pair of headphones ever. They handle my metal, acoustic, some electronic, and even pop. (Currently listening to diamonds by rihanna just to test the range) I can say they're quite beautiful and i'll enjoy these headphones. It's odd not having the bass boost and "feeling" the music so much but the clarity is just fantastic. Thanks for the help everyone, I'll post a more extensive review once i burn them in fully.

A great headphone.  It scales nicely as well.  Add a neutral or slightly treble hot amp and they really shine.  I'd say toss on some M50 pads as well and you're good to go!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back