New Headphones for under $50 (For hardcore/electronic music)
Feb 5, 2013 at 3:37 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 26

Matrixerx

New Head-Fier
So recently, my Sennheiser HD 202 IIs blew out. I'm looking for some new headphones for about $50 or under. I list to a low of rick, metal, hardcore/post hardcore and even some electronic music including dubstep. I'd like a headphone with a really full sound that is cost effective.

Former Headpones:
Aerial7 Phoenix (blew out)
Sennheiser HD 202 II

Currently:
JVC HAFX1X (Earphones)

I like to listen to music a LOT. Anywhere from 1-3 hours a day (or more) every day of the year. I'd really like something that fits my music taste and has excellent quality. Here are some current products I'm looking at

Currently looking at:
Audio-Technica ATH-M40FS
Audio-Technica ATH-M30

OHhh and i mean "blew out" as in an earphone on them just gave way and died. So durability is a factor here too. I really like sennheiser but i'm open to new options. Style is meh, not as important. Just looking for the best music quality for my taste and not break the bank. Let me know what suggestions you have! Thanks!
[size=1.7em]  [/size]
[size=1.7em]  [/size]

Feb 5, 2013 at 3:47 PM Post #2 of 26
The CAL! They will last and sound good too.

Feb 5, 2013 at 4:03 PM Post #4 of 26
Creative Aurvana Live!

Feb 5, 2013 at 4:26 PM Post #7 of 26
You can track them here and wait until they drop to like $50-$60.

http://camelcamelcamel.com/Creative-EF0060-Aurvana-Live-Headphones/product/B000ZJZ7OA

Feb 5, 2013 at 4:26 PM Post #8 of 26
The DJ100 would not be an ideal candidate for dubstep imho; I'd suggest a different Koss headphone for that - the Ruk50. For metal and thrash the DJ100 are probably a somewhat better choice, but again aren't something I'd consider for dubstep, or other bass-driven music. All Koss headphones have a lifetime warranty, but depending on how much you abuse them (and therefore file claims), the shipping costs will eventually over-run what the headphones are worth. CAL is a good suggestion too, if you can wait (as fuzziekiwi suggests).

Feb 5, 2013 at 4:33 PM Post #9 of 26
Do you have any other suggestions for headphones that would better suit me then? I mainly listen to hardcore. The electronic and dubstep, while i wouldn't call it occasional, is listened to less than hardcore for me.

Feb 5, 2013 at 4:38 PM Post #10 of 26
Do you have any other suggestions for headphones that would better suit me then? I mainly listen to hardcore. The electronic and dubstep, while i wouldn't call it occasional, is listened to less than hardcore for me.

What do you mean by "hardcore?" I am aware of hardstyle, and hardcore techno, but unsure what you mean by "hardcore" in this context.

If you could provide some examples of the music you listen to (e.g. if you have a favorite track, and can find it on YT in decent quality), so I can get an idea of what we're talking about - that would probably be most ideal.

Feb 5, 2013 at 4:43 PM Post #12 of 26
Quote:
Of Mice & Men, Memphis May Fire, (some) Sleeping with Sirens, Shadow Moses by Bring me the horizon is a good example of something i like atm.

Since you mentioned the Portapro, I think its one you should keep on your list. 

Feb 5, 2013 at 5:51 PM Post #15 of 26
DJ100 will do better with that music, but aren't fantastic with dubstep. I'd agree with the original suggestion of them. You might also look at the MV1 but you may end buying an inexpensive FiiO amp to run them with an ipod or similar device. MV1 are all around better imho, and will do better with electronic music. Build feels better on them too, except the gold Koss logo may erode off over time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back