1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

New Headphone

Discussion in 'Headphones (full-size)' started by musicme, Dec 12, 2012.
  1. MUSICME
    Hello guys, i'm new in here and i would like your opinion helping me decide what headphone to buy =).
    I live in Brazil, and there are a few variety of headphones to sell, and most of the shops overprice the products, so I don't have many options to buy ahhaha.
    I had a Beats Studio, then I lost, so I started to search about phones and discovered that those aren't the "best headphones of the world",  and then, searching in here, I decided to buy a Philips Fidelio L1.
    The thing is that, I don't know why, I didn't like very much the sound of the fidelio, so I am thinking of buying a new pair. These are the options: 
    Sennheiser HD 25-1 II adidas originals
    Sennheiser HD598
    Audio Techinica ath m-50
    Pioneer HDJ2000
    (All the phones are with similar prices)
    I'm not an audiophile, but care for sound quality and hear mainly rock, and sound leakage is not a big problem. Most of the songs I hear are from p2p downloaders or downloaded from youtube, so they dont have the best sq. Amp and DAC are a problem because it's very dificulty to find good ones here.
    Thank you for any help and sorry for the bad english =)

EDIT:  After some burnin in, and some more quality musics, im really linking the fidelios =)

2. MalVeauX
    Quote:

Get an inexpensive pair of headphones that feel good to wear.

Very best,

3. MUSICME
    Quote:
    Comon man, im sure that if i've posted that i would buy a beats, you would say they are trash, extremely overpriced and there are lots of headphones out there better and with a lower price.
    I admit that most of my musics are p2p downloaded, but how i said, i didn't understood nothing of sq (reason i bought beats), so all the musics i have were downloaded this way. Im trying now to buy some better quality ones, but it will take a veeery long time so I can change all the musics I had to better quality ones.
    Im just trying not to be a stupid who buy beats for appearence, and buy a really good pair of heaphones. And would thanks a lot if someone really helps me =)

4. imoffline
    What's your music preference? At this price arrange, I prefer K550 for jazz, HD598 for country music, SR325 for Rock or Metal. 

MUSICME likes this.
  5. MUSICME
    My prefearences are rock and country. The problem is that i didn't find the k550 to sell here, and grado ones are even more difficult to find =/.

Sennheiser HD 25-1 II adidas originals
    Sennheiser HD598
    Audio Techinica ath m-50
    Pioneer HDJ2000
    These are the ones i found. Thank you man x)

6. imoffline
    I never auditioned HDJ2000 and M-50. But for HD598 and HD25, I prefer HD598, especially when I listened to them with appropriate amp/DAC. 

MUSICME likes this.
  7. MUSICME
    Thank you, im really thinking of buying the hd 598, and search harder to find a decent amp to use with it. 

8. imoffline
    Fiio E17 is probably a good choice, the amp/DAC I'm using. But Nuforce hdp seems to be better if you got enough budget.

9. MUSICME
    I found the Ultrasone HFI-580 for half of the price of the others. Would it be a good deal ? For what i readed, the hd 598 lacks of bass, and i really didn't find a good amp/dac here in Brazil, I will have to import the fiio e17 after buying the headphone and save some more money ahh