New Headphone Stand
Jan 24, 2013 at 7:13 PM Post #501 of 546
I was originally using the Rocketfish headset but I wanted something nicer looking that could also hold more than one set (without spending a ton of money just for one stand). Ended up looking around on etsy for awhile trying to find people who worked with wood and found these bamboo bracelet stands that I really liked. Shot them a message asking if they could customize the size. Ended up paying $65 for two. They look great although not altogether sturdy if you knock into it. Planning on adding some kind of handle to wrap the wires around and may do something to help with the sturdiness.

Link for the original bracelet display: http://www.etsy.com/listing/108523256/bamboo-bracelet-display-burnt-wood-dark

Jan 24, 2013 at 8:02 PM Post #502 of 546
Quote:
btw the Rocketfish™ Universal Headset Stand on bestbuy.com are still 4.99+tax lol free shipping or pickup in store

I got one of these when they were on sale. It's a decent stand, I'm happy with it for 5 bucks.

Jan 24, 2013 at 8:22 PM Post #503 of 546
Quote:
I was originally using the Rocketfish headset but I wanted something nicer looking that could also hold more than one set (without spending a ton of money just for one stand). Ended up looking around on etsy for awhile trying to find people who worked with wood and found these bamboo bracelet stands that I really liked. Shot them a message asking if they could customize the size. Ended up paying $65 for two. They look great although not altogether sturdy if you knock into it. Planning on adding some kind of handle to wrap the wires around and may do something to help with the sturdiness.

Link for the original bracelet display: http://www.etsy.com/listing/108523256/bamboo-bracelet-display-burnt-wood-dark

Wow, that's actually really nice looking! I like that far better than the original suggestion of the wall-mounted broom holder.

When you say it's unstable, do you mean wobbly, or just the headphones put a high center of gravity on it, so it's easy to topple?

I think maybe adding some fishing weights, etc. inside the bottom bamboo half might help with the latter. The former, sand it down!

Jan 24, 2013 at 9:14 PM Post #505 of 546
I asked for it to be 11" tall and she suggested 11" width also (which I would more refer to as the length). Also she used a 3" diameter piece instead of the 1 1/2 of the bracelet stand. It fits two great and has room for a third in the middle. A little top heavy especially with something like the he-400 on it so weights would help but I also need to sand the bottom a little as the edges are more at an angle.

Edit: I think they might also start selling the item outright. I sent them a bunch of photos so they could show it with headphones since they don't own any

Jan 25, 2013 at 12:49 AM Post #506 of 546
Quote:

(picture)

This is really nice looking! Wonder if the creator could make the base an "X" to stablize it? Either way, seems like a good deal for a quality product, might get one myself!

Jan 25, 2013 at 4:51 AM Post #507 of 546
On mi
@dcpoor

If you follow this link

http://search8.taobao.com/search?style=grid&q=%B6%FA%BB%FA%BC%DC&pid=mm_14507416_2297358_8935934&unid=0&mode=63&initiative_id=staobaoz_20120724

you will land on taobao.com with an enormous choice of all kind of headphone stands (my Chinese is virtually non-existant so if there is somebody out there who knows how to search in a better way please tell me)
copy the url of the desired headphone stand and paste it in the search box of http://www.mistertao.com , fill in the shipping weight (the wooden omega is 800 gram) and mistertao will tell you what the total price will be.

I know this is a bit complicated but if you can earn US$15 in an easier way just order it on ebay:evil:

On mistertao just search headset frame wood should show similar products

Feb 8, 2013 at 6:28 PM Post #508 of 546
Had a quick idea for a slightly cheap headphone stand. Bought these these two pieces from Lowes. The stand was in the bathroom section. The other back with the decorative wood trim. The top of the stand unscrews. Then I cut the bun piece with a circular miter saw into three pieces. You have two options. First, put a 5/8 bore in the bottom center and mount the arch. Second, 3/8 bore in the sides and mount both arches. The ball ends do come off easily with pliers.

I know the post in the middle is not ideal. With the double, you don't have to worry about the post leaving a dent in the ear pads. Just another option to get your creative juices going.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back