New Headphone recommendations for semi-newbie
Jun 13, 2002 at 4:01 AM Post #31 of 33
What else would you like to know. You can do some searching for some more info from my previous posts on the ATH A55. I'll try to get that review done, but don't hold out for it, if you are ready to buy some headphones now.

Just ask away, and I'll answer.

Jun 13, 2002 at 4:18 AM Post #32 of 33
i have a HD280 pro and a rio 250. if the slimx has the same amp, the loudness is too loud for your own good. my rio goes to very loud levels. the highest i turn it is 20 out of 40. the 280s should be just about as loud as any low impedance headphone. the 280s sound excellent, especially after burn in.

Jun 13, 2002 at 1:25 PM Post #33 of 33
Well I found a pair of HD-280s at selectrebate.com for $83, and a $10 coupon which makes them $82(with shipping included), and then the $10 Sennheiser rebate that make them ~$72.
Because of the price I think I'm going to go with HD-280s, unless someone has had or heard of bad experiences when buying from selectrebate.com. Thanks for everyones patience with me ... you've really helped me a lot.
Dohminator, I really wish I could try out those ATH-A55s and I'll be interested in reading your review in the future, but I have decided that being more budget minded is in my best interest.
Thanks again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back