New headphone amplifier from Bryston
Mar 20, 2021 at 6:18 PM Post #2,312 of 2,442
Well I like the 1266tc with the bryston.
I have no idea but I imagine it's the cat's meow :)

What is the sound of the Abyss like?

Mar 20, 2021 at 6:41 PM Post #2,314 of 2,442
Mar 23, 2021 at 3:20 AM Post #2,316 of 2,442
my best setup so far
DSCF0930.JPG

I’m with you on that. I’ve been through an embarrassing number of SS amps in the last 6 months, but the bha1 is easily the most enjoyable combo with Stellias, Venus2 dac and bricasti m5 streamer. And I’ve been checking out clear mg pros at the weekend. Sadly the bha1 is not able to make them a great headphone... but it’s not the amp’s fault.

7CDFA820-5855-4A33-8FE7-14A36D638E70.jpeg

Mar 23, 2021 at 5:11 AM Post #2,317 of 2,442
I’m with you on that. I’ve been through an embarrassing number of SS amps in the last 6 months, but the bha1 is easily the most enjoyable combo with Stellias, Venus2 dac and bricasti m5 streamer. And I’ve been checking out clear mg pros at the weekend. Sadly the bha1 is not able to make them a great headphone... but it’s not the amp’s fault.

Beautiful headphones :)

Focal's craftmanship continue to amaze me.

Last edited:
Mar 23, 2021 at 5:23 AM Post #2,318 of 2,442
Beautiful headphones :)

Focal's craftmanship continue to amaze me.

Yes, no-one comes close on that front, i'm just a bit disappointed with direction they've decided to take the new Clear Mg. The old clears were by no means perfect, but these are step back in terms of resolution, especially in mid/treble where focal to my ears have excelled. They sound veiled, congested in the middle to top and bit lethargic at the other end. Each time i switch back to the Stellias, its like the shutters have been opened and the sun streams in and coming back on topic BHA1 has really brought out the best in them. Coming from V281, questyle cmr800 U i hadnt thought the Stellias were capable of such stage depth and they generally sound quicker and more exciting with laser guided imaging. Very happy with BHA1 and i think the hunt stops here... for a while at least :wink:

Mar 23, 2021 at 6:30 AM Post #2,319 of 2,442
Yes, no-one comes close on that front, i'm just a bit disappointed with direction they've decided to take the new Clear Mg. The old clears were by no means perfect, but these are step back in terms of resolution, especially in mid/treble where focal to my ears have excelled. They sound veiled, congested in the middle to top and bit lethargic at the other end. Each time i switch back to the Stellias, its like the shutters have been opened and the sun streams in and coming back on topic BHA1 has really brought out the best in them. Coming from V281, questyle cmr800 U i hadnt thought the Stellias were capable of such stage depth and they generally sound quicker and more exciting with laser guided imaging. Very happy with BHA1 and i think the hunt stops here... for a while at least :wink:
Yesh, thats what I heard about the new Clear Mg. It's a pity. Maybe there are others who can appreciate that sound sig.

I love the Utopia, but can't afford it :)

Mar 23, 2021 at 6:32 AM Post #2,320 of 2,442
Yesh, thats what I heard about the new Clear Mg. It's a pity. Maybe there are others who can appreciate that sound sig.

I love the Utopia, but can't afford it :)

The old clears were audible relations to the Utopias but the new version really isnt. As you say i'm sure its a signature that will suit some people.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back