New headphone amplifier from Bryston
May 22, 2020 at 3:41 PM Post #2,222 of 2,442
with so much power from this thing I think the best headphone pairing is a headphone that has big power demands. guess that's why the work so well with the HD800 and HD800S
True, I liked it with both those cans, but with the LCD 4s it's like I had never heard what it's capable of. It's downright stellar now.

May 29, 2020 at 9:20 PM Post #2,226 of 2,442
couldn't agree with you more. this is a fantastic amp with tons of detail. i use my focal elears and my klipsch hp3 on the byrston. both are quite effeciant and the bryston just cruises along not adding or subtracting from the music i choose. just plays music the way it should be heard.

May 29, 2020 at 9:23 PM Post #2,227 of 2,442
couldn't agree with you more. this is a fantastic amp with tons of detail. i use my focal elears and my klipsch hp3 on the byrston. both are quite effeciant and the bryston just cruises along not adding or subtracting from the music i choose. just plays music the way it should be heard.
Nice. I have the bryston on high gain with the lcd 4s and it sounds incredible.

May 31, 2020 at 10:04 AM Post #2,228 of 2,442
It looks like you're using the Bryston's 1/4" output in your picture... I recommend getting a balanced cable for those LCD-4's. Not only will you get even more power but there are a lot of people here who believe the balanced outputs are superior (I haven't done enough testing myself to support that claim though).

May 31, 2020 at 10:12 AM Post #2,229 of 2,442
It looks like you're using the Bryston's 1/4" output in your picture... I recommend getting a balanced cable for those LCD-4's. Not only will you get even more power but there are a lot of people here who believe the balanced outputs are superior (I haven't done enough testing myself to support that claim though).
Nah, I asked audeze themselves, and benchmark, and they both said to me that SE is the same. That is why the audeze come within SE cable, and they actually pointed me to chord electronices as they only use SE. Chord is their favorite btw, but I like benchmark. I have balanced cables for the audeze and cannot hear a difference. I'm going SE all the way baby. I think I'm done with the balanced cable scene. The Clears were the same: no difference.

And on top of that the cable that comes with the LCD 4s is $500 usd. I would be silly not to use it.

Last edited:
May 31, 2020 at 2:39 PM Post #2,230 of 2,442
Nah, I asked audeze themselves, and benchmark, and they both said to me that SE is the same. That is why the audeze come within SE cable, and they actually pointed me to chord electronices as they only use SE. Chord is their favorite btw, but I like benchmark. I have balanced cables for the audeze and cannot hear a difference. I'm going SE all the way baby. I think I'm done with the balanced cable scene. The Clears were the same: no difference.

And on top of that the cable that comes with the LCD 4s is $500 usd. I would be silly not to use it.
CAN $100 or so and you can get someone to reterminate to XLR with an SE pigtail. That’s what I did with mine

Users who are viewing this thread

Back