New headphone amplifier from Bryston
May 12, 2020 at 5:37 PM Post #2,192 of 2,442
I'm still shocked about how this amp doesn't get more love on this site. It's all phonitor , violectic , etc. This amp is my end game SS. To me Bryston is as good as it gets for SS stuff. I will never sell my 4bsst2 or the bha1.
It's like, what gives? I suppose it's because they haven't done revision after revision like other companies? This model has stayed the same since inception. The one I just bought in the fall is pretty similar to the initial release.

Last edited:
May 12, 2020 at 6:19 PM Post #2,193 of 2,442
I'm still shocked about how this amp doesn't get more love on this site. It's all phonitor , violectic , etc. This amp is my end game SS. To me Bryston is as good as it gets for SS stuff. I will never sell my 4bsst2 or the bha1.
It's like, what gives? I suppose it's because they haven't done revision after revision like other companies? This model has stayed the same since inception. The one I just bought in the fall is pretty similar to the initial release.

I agree. I don't own one, but I am a Bryston fan and have auditioned the BHA-1 three times at a local dealer.

What keeps me from buying one: it's over powered, if that's the right way to put it.

I find that with many headphones, 9 o'clock is maximum volume for my tastes. I know you can get a custom build from Bryston that reduces the default gain, which should tell you something about the power output from this beast.

May 12, 2020 at 7:27 PM Post #2,194 of 2,442
I agree. I don't own one, but I am a Bryston fan and have auditioned the BHA-1 three times at a local dealer.

What keeps me from buying one: it's over powered, if that's the right way to put it.

I find that with many headphones, 9 o'clock is maximum volume for my tastes. I know you can get a custom build from Bryston that reduces the default gain, which should tell you something about the power output from this beast.
Yeah I might hit 10 o'clock, but yes 9 usually.

May 13, 2020 at 8:53 AM Post #2,195 of 2,442
the perfect setup for me
DSCF0736.JPG
DSCF0736.JPG

May 13, 2020 at 1:35 PM Post #2,198 of 2,442
yes it does, but I prefer the 600's thru my antique sound labs tube amp

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back