New headphone amplifier from Bryston
Feb 16, 2014 at 8:50 AM Post #1,397 of 2,442
http://bryston.com/pages/warranty.html

Is there 5 or 20 years of warranty for the BHA-1 ?

Feb 16, 2014 at 9:10 AM Post #1,398 of 2,442
Does BHA-1 use negative/global feedback in its circuit?

Yes.

Only audiophiles think negative global feedback is a bad thing!

Feb 16, 2014 at 9:11 AM Post #1,399 of 2,442
http://bryston.com/pages/warranty.html

Is there 5 or 20 years of warranty for the BHA-1 ?

Twenty year warranty.
The headphone amplifier is not a digital product.

Feb 20, 2014 at 2:37 PM Post #1,402 of 2,442
James, Mike from Bryston please answer one question:
Why did you design the BHA1 not fully balanced? I have a balanced input with V800 DAC but from my understanding every input of the BHA1 is converted to Single Ended. So a balanced input has no benefit. Make this sense? Thanks

Feb 20, 2014 at 4:34 PM Post #1,403 of 2,442
Why did you design the BHA1 not fully balanced? I have a balanced input with V800 DAC but from my understanding every input of the BHA1 is converted to Single Ended. So a balanced input has no benefit. Make this sense? Thanks

?

http://bryston.com/PDF/Manuals/300028%5BBHA1%5D.pdf  Page 10

Feb 20, 2014 at 6:22 PM Post #1,404 of 2,442

I know I'm not James, but the balanced input stage rejects Common Mode noise.
That's what it is supposed to do.
That is the purpose of running balanced transmission lines from your source to your amplifier.
So Common Mode noise is rejected before it is amplified.
Then the output stage converts the signal back into balanced via two bridged amplifiers.

I don't see any technical advantage to running "fully balanced".

Feb 20, 2014 at 6:48 PM Post #1,406 of 2,442
I'm not James either but also from far as I can tell the amp has discrete +, - , and ground from input to output.

It strikes as odd that an amplifier that accepts Single Ended and Balanced inputs, can drive either Single Ended or Balanced headphones, and has a differential (balanced) input stage to reject common mode noise from balanced transmission lines is perceived as flawed?
Wah?

Feb 20, 2014 at 9:46 PM Post #1,407 of 2,442
It strikes as odd that an amplifier that accepts Single Ended and Balanced inputs, can drive either Single Ended or Balanced headphones, and has a differential (balanced) input stage to reject common mode noise from balanced transmission lines is perceived as flawed?
Wah?

This might be the most outstanding feature of the amp--

Different strokes I guess...

Feb 21, 2014 at 6:38 AM Post #1,409 of 2,442
I would like an official answer from James and Mike. I think converting from Balanced to Single Ended is not a good idea.

Why do you think converting from Balanced to Single Ended is a bad idea?
A balanced input stage rejects noise, then it amplifes the signal in single ended mode.
What's the problem?
Your statement has no basis in fact.

Feb 21, 2014 at 6:46 AM Post #1,410 of 2,442
In fact single ended has no separated ground! So first I have the advantage of balanced (V800 DAC) with reject noise. But then this is converted to single ended with no seperated ground and sensitive for noise. You think that is no problem? Why there are full balanced layouts like GS-X or HDV600 on the market?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back