New Head-Fi Update
Status
Not open for further replies.
May 6, 2017 at 3:09 AM Post #1,037 of 1,792
you can't also see the location of the seller/buyer , which was very useful to the deals here

May 6, 2017 at 8:36 AM Post #1,038 of 1,792
Any update as to when the capability to search within a thread will return?

May 6, 2017 at 9:06 AM Post #1,039 of 1,792
This isn't exactly a new thing but someone just spammed the hell out of the help and reccomendations subforum. Has the method for verifying new accounts changed? I always thought that new accounts had their first post reviewed by a moderator before it was put up.

May 6, 2017 at 9:08 AM Post #1,040 of 1,792
Any update as to when the capability to search within a thread will return?

And also the quotes list saves quotes from different threads ,
Which is confusing.
. Also I see no easy link to switch from desktop theme to mobile..

It's as if this site was not done by anyone who actually used Headfi.
Ugg,.. Patience..

May 6, 2017 at 9:51 AM Post #1,041 of 1,792
And also the quotes list saves quotes from different threads ,
Which is confusing.

. Also I see no easy link to switch from desktop theme to mobile..

It's as if this site was not done by anyone who actually used Headfi.
Ugg,.. Patience..

That is intentional so that you can quote a post from one thread that you want to share with users in another thread. You have the option to remove quotes from your "Insert Quotes" box when you open it up.

As for your desire to switch to the mobile theme, the button is in the bottom right of the screen above the FAQ, Support, Privacy/TOS, and Site Map buttons.

May 6, 2017 at 9:53 AM Post #1,042 of 1,792
May 6, 2017 at 11:27 AM Post #1,043 of 1,792
IMG_4066.PNG
The search-within-a-thread option will return very soon.
Will we see the subscriptions button on mobile again? Most of my usage is on mobile, so that is sorely missed.
Also, some of the drop down menus don't work on mobile. They don't display everything, the menu doesn't seem to be optimized for the size of the text. I'll try to get a screenshot of it.
*edit* found the menu I was talking about. It is the filters menu on the head gear section.

Last edited:
May 6, 2017 at 12:43 PM Post #1,044 of 1,792
I've been pretty negative about the new format, although I am getting more comfortable with it. I never use mobile so I don't know about that. I just realized it is now possible with the new format to edit posts. Maybe that was here all along and I just didn't notice it. But if it has just been added, it's nice to see admin working to improve the new format.

May 6, 2017 at 12:49 PM Post #1,045 of 1,792
Many sellers bump on a daily basis in the classifieds, it used to be once every 3 days so what's the story please? 3 days makes me end up on page 4 everytime :triportsad:

New site is great, I'm sure it'll get better too.

May 6, 2017 at 1:55 PM Post #1,046 of 1,792
Props on adding a tag that automatically converts Bandcamp links to embeds. Very cool! [This was my 500th post, hooray]

May 6, 2017 at 2:08 PM Post #1,047 of 1,792
Just discovered that you can insert individual quotes by clicking (in the text box) where you want them to appear in your reply, then clicking Reply under each post. In other words, you don't have to use the + Quote and Insert Quotes method, though that generally makes things easier.

This isn't exactly a new thing but someone just spammed the hell out of the help and reccomendations subforum. Has the method for verifying new accounts changed? I always thought that new accounts had their first post reviewed by a moderator before it was put up.

That's been going on for awhile, sadly—long before the site update came. I'm assuming you're referring to the spam bots that create tons of profiles and post gibberish. And yeah, I have no idea how they pull it off. I'd like an explanation from someone who knows.

I just realized it is now possible with the new format to edit posts. Maybe that was here all along and I just didn't notice it.

Yep, it was.

Many sellers bump on a daily basis in the classifieds, it used to be once every 3 days so what's the story please? 3 days makes me end up on page 4 everytime :triportsad:

Last time I checked, a classified thread gets bumped whenever a reply is made to it. This will surely change once they work things out.

Props on adding a tag that automatically converts Bandcamp links to embeds. Very cool! [This was my 500th post, hooray]

It has downsides, though. If you post the link itself, it does not leave it as a link, and instead embeds it. It would appear that the size of the embed can also no longer be controlled. Even when I go to the share/embed code on Bandcamp, select a smaller display size, and paste the source code in the BB code editor, it still displays as the default large size.

May 6, 2017 at 2:08 PM Post #1,048 of 1,792
Still receiving emails every time someone posts in a thread I'm subscribed to. Even though, every option I've found relating to email notifications is currently turned off.

It doesn't help matters that "Alerts" and "Notifications" have options scattered across multiple locations in your Account Settings. It's impossible to be certain you've found everything with no consolidation for these features.

I feel I HAVE found all the relevant options, which is why I'm disturbed by the flood my Inbox suffers every day.

May 6, 2017 at 2:41 PM Post #1,049 of 1,792
Still receiving emails every time someone posts in a thread I'm subscribed to. Even though, every option I've found relating to email notifications is currently turned off.

It doesn't help matters that "Alerts" and "Notifications" have options scattered across multiple locations in your Account Settings. It's impossible to be certain you've found everything with no consolidation for these features.

I feel I HAVE found all the relevant options, which is why I'm disturbed by the flood my Inbox suffers every day.

At this time, the only working method of stopping email notifications seems to be using the shortcut on your subscribed threads page. Check the box for the thread you want to stop receiving notifications, then choose the appropriate option from the drop-down at the bottom.

Enable_Disable_Email_Notifications.PNG

May 6, 2017 at 2:42 PM Post #1,050 of 1,792

You have to unsubscribe in the email itself, at the bottom. That worked for me. I also got flooded with emails no matter what I did.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back