New Head-Fi Update
Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 27, 2017 at 10:34 PM Post #519 of 1,792
Your opinions about this update? I think this was a long overdue update, the UI is much more modern and we finally get HTTPS encryption. Navigating certain things are a bit harder because menus no longer have a drop down option for quickly going into a certain thread
It sucks. Old one wasn't broken so why fix it?

Apr 27, 2017 at 10:36 PM Post #520 of 1,792
I'm curious: How large were the images (in dimension and in file size)?

Thanks in advance!

Joe, I'm already noticing improvements today with the Watched Threads and overall speed. I'm a fan of the newer and more up to date look. Keep it up!

Apr 27, 2017 at 10:46 PM Post #521 of 1,792
I can understand the ads... even though the atmosphere is too commercialized and just too much real estate on every page, up and down, both sides... Cheap! But the provocative ads with people half naked? Those sites are available for the people who want them at where they know to go. Why here?! Are there any minors here? Any offended female members? Just tasteless and simply no class.

Apr 27, 2017 at 10:46 PM Post #522 of 1,792
Joe, I'm already noticing improvements today with the Watched Threads and overall speed. I'm a fan of the newer and more up to date look. Keep it up!

well the software works faster for sure, we just need to get used to navigating it

Apr 27, 2017 at 11:01 PM Post #523 of 1,792
On mobile version (chrome, Android):

I need to "pinch to zoom out" in order to see the "sandwich" menu (3 bars on top right)

Please add a "watched threads" with notification bubble in that menu too.

Adaptive display should be constrained to the resolution and not zoomable in/out on mobile version IMO.

Last edited:
Apr 27, 2017 at 11:03 PM Post #525 of 1,792
I can understand the ads... even though the atmosphere is too commercialized and just too much real estate on every page, up and down, both sides... Cheap! But the provocative ads with people half naked? Those sites are available for the people who want them at where they know to go. Why here?! Are there any minors here? Any offended female members? Just tasteless and simply no class.
Head- Fi has been moving in this direction for awhile, it's not what it was 7 or 8 years ago.

Innocent children grow up, it's commercialized now, incredibly sponsor driven. It is what it is.

It's still a great community, it's just different.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back