New Head-Fi Update
Status
Not open for further replies.
May 3, 2017 at 1:57 PM Post #946 of 1,792
How is a showcase item different from a normal review? Is showcase just a way to keep all your reviews in one place via your profile?
You can add an item without having to review it. Easy for people to find you through search for the item.
At least it used to be like this.

May 3, 2017 at 2:34 PM Post #947 of 1,792
Is there any way to search within a thread ?

I miss that feature more than anything else on the new site.

Never mind... asked and answered previously.

Last edited:
May 3, 2017 at 2:55 PM Post #948 of 1,792
The latest change I noticed is that strong language is censored now, even in PMs. (When the site update first rolled out, nothing was censored.)

Oh, and if you quote a post but remove its content, it removes the quote from the post. You need at least one character inside the quoted area.

We (or at least I) appreciate your hard work.

In the meantime...here's a fun memory: a screenshot from the time you made a custom-drawn version of one of my old avatars! (I still can't get over how funny and random that was.) It's also a screenshot of how the site looked in 2014. (Man, Windows 7 looks so goofy compared to Windows 10, which I got as a free upgrade.)

axeltenma2.png

This thread is so long and the site is so blinding bright I can't bear stay on long enough to read just a bit,
How and when will we have option to change this ultra bright daylight theme?
Uggggg!
Help I'm going blind!

One option for now is to lower your screen's brightness.

Since it's so bright outside here at the moment and it's leaking in through the window blinds, I actually want to increase my screen's brightness, but it's already at maximum.

Maybe I am just overlooking it, where is the send button on the private message page ?

It looks the same as posting in threads now: you just click Post Reply.

How is a showcase item different from a normal review? Is showcase just a way to keep all your reviews in one place via your profile?

All my showcase items are products I submitted to the Head Gear section.

For example, here's the page for the Chord Hugo 2. Notice how I'm listed as the creator/author.

https://www.head-fi.org/f/showcase/chord-hugo-2.22209/

Another feature missing from the Head Gear section is the own it / had it / want it list.

Last edited:
May 3, 2017 at 3:10 PM Post #949 of 1,792
I would need new posts and threads I've participated in ordered by latest reply.

May 3, 2017 at 8:28 PM Post #952 of 1,792
Will the landing page on the base domain (www.head-fi.org) be made mobile-compatible anytime soon? It's extremely frustrating that it's not mobile-compatible as it takes forever to load on my phone.

Also, am I the only one shocked that the forum update seems to be using HTML4? In 2017? That makes absolutely no sense....

May 3, 2017 at 9:05 PM Post #954 of 1,792
Too bad they didn't list out the features that they had and just went with the migration based on "let see what's missing later".

Layout, Ui, text/title, scaling etc still broken on mobile. Beside missing unacceptable UI and navigatibility omissions of course.

May 3, 2017 at 9:54 PM Post #960 of 1,792
Im upping my game mate :smirk:

Show off!

As demonstrated in the above post, can we have the emoticons actually show up where we insert them in the post instead of always centered. That would be nice, though I'm sure not a priority.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back