New HD595's - $155 at CompuPlus
Apr 3, 2006 at 10:06 PM Post #17 of 50
I'm not saying that you should buy from CompuPlus, but personally I'd take the data at www.reselleratings.com with a grain of salt. People are MUCH more likely to complain than compliment. Most online "rating" sites like this are skewed in the negative direction as a result.

Apr 3, 2006 at 10:19 PM Post #18 of 50
Quote:

Originally Posted by dpippel
I'm not saying that you should buy from CompuPlus, but personally I'd take the data at www.reselleratings.com with a grain of salt. People are MUCH more likely to complain than compliment. Most online "rating" sites like this are skewed in the negative direction as a result.

Not true, if the store has great customer service that impresses customers, im pretty sure they will be reflected on reselleratings.com. Just look at the rating for Audiocubes
biggrin.gif

Apr 3, 2006 at 10:21 PM Post #19 of 50
Quote:

Originally Posted by dpippel

Maybe so but most of the reputable etailers I have bought from have great scores. Newegg, BH Photo, Buydig, Etronics, etc......

Apr 3, 2006 at 11:46 PM Post #21 of 50
Quote:

Originally Posted by calgary2800
I rather buy from this place.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...MEWN%3AIT&rd=1

Firm feedback from recent buyers from large ticket items.

Please note that this seller is offering 120 ohm HD595s.
Quote:

Originally Posted by cclragnarok
Thanks a lot. I just ordered one.

cclragnarok, I'm sure many would be interested in hearing about your experience with Comp-U-Plus. Be sure to post a follow-up when (if?) you recieve them.
biggrin.gif

Apr 4, 2006 at 12:16 AM Post #22 of 50
i ordered my hd650s from this site.

arrived in 2 days. no complaints. seems like a great business to me.

Apr 4, 2006 at 1:18 AM Post #25 of 50
Quote:

Originally Posted by penguindude
Not true, if the store has great customer service that impresses customers, im pretty sure they will be reflected on reselleratings.com. Just look at the rating for Audiocubes
biggrin.gif

That doesn't mean that the negative reviews for CompuPlus aren't skewed. It just shows that Audiocubes has great CS.

Apr 4, 2006 at 1:19 AM Post #26 of 50
Quote:

Originally Posted by darkninja67
Maybe so but most of the reputable etailers I have bought from have great scores. Newegg, BH Photo, Buydig, Etronics, etc......

Have you ever taken a statistics class?
icon10.gif

Apr 4, 2006 at 3:25 AM Post #27 of 50
Hmm I had ordered bot my HD580s and HD280s from them. Arrived in 2 days, no complaints. Heck! I even managed to get them to waive off the shipping on my 580s.
biggrin.gif

Apr 4, 2006 at 10:52 PM Post #29 of 50
Quote:

Originally Posted by boss
cclragnarok, I'm sure many would be interested in hearing about your experience with Comp-U-Plus. Be sure to post a follow-up when (if?) you recieve them.
biggrin.gif

Bought the HD595 Sunday night using Paypal. It's good that they accept Paypal, since I consider using Paypal better than giving someone my credit card number. There was an automatic confirmation email with a order number and a link for changing/canceling the order. Never used the those options, so I don't know how well they work.
tongue.gif

Tuesday, around noon, I got the shipping confirmation and tracking number email. So Comp-U-Plus is not the fastest with the shipping confirmation email. However, as it turns out, the package was DELIVERED 11 minutes BEFORE they sent the shipping confirmation email. In other words, the shipping was FAST. I got the package less than 36 hours after I ordered it.
biggrin.gif
I am in Boston (actually Cambridge, MA), and Comp-U-Plus is in NYC (if I remember correctly), but it's still faster than I expected.

The HD595 was double boxed in a sturdy cardboard box. The cardboard box is only slightly bigger than the HD595 box, so there are foam peanuts only on one side of the box. I'd prefer my HD595 to be surrounded by foam peanuts on all sides, but this is really just nitpicking.

I didn't have any problems, so I cannot say anything about their customer service. Nevertheless, if they have the lowest price the next time I'm buying something, I'd buy from them again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back