New HD25 with shinny shell and silly name
Feb 4, 2012 at 4:21 AM Post #76 of 99
To all the people saying the price is high should also remember that sennheiser always have high msrp price, look at the hd598, its msrp is $350 but it went as low as $173 on amazon.com a few months ago and usually $250 almost every were in US. So I believe it would be the same on this new headphone.

Feb 5, 2012 at 9:55 PM Post #77 of 99

To all the people saying the price is high should also remember that sennheiser always have high msrp price, look at the hd598, its msrp is $350 but it went as low as $173 on amazon.com a few months ago and usually $250 almost every were in US. So I believe it would be the same on this new headphone.

My thoughts exactly. Like a jackal, I'm stalking this new prey in wait of the inevitable price drop. 
rolleyes.gif

Originally Posted by Coq de Combat /img/forum/go_quote.gif

In short: the E10 is more of a DAC for me at the moment, but serves also as a headphone amp when I use more sensitive IEMs that catches the hissing issues of my AKAI. The E11 is my portable headphone amp for on the go.

Thanks for the thorough explanation. Seems like the J3 is better at driving headphones than I ever thought. I've never been able to justify buying a dac because I just load all my flacs onto my J3 and only really listen to youtube and other compressed audio on my computer.

Feb 6, 2012 at 4:15 PM Post #79 of 99

Quote:

My thoughts exactly. Like a jackal, I'm stalking this new prey in wait of the inevitable price drop. 
rolleyes.gif

Thanks for the thorough explanation. Seems like the J3 is better at driving headphones than I ever thought. I've never been able to justify buying a dac because I just load all my flacs onto my J3 and only really listen to youtube and other compressed audio on my computer.

As long as you have it set on "The rest of the world" to avoid the crappy EU regulations concerning volume you'll be just fine. I A/B:ed them today with and without the E11 and to be honest, the main difference is that the bass is a tiny bit punchier and impactful with the E11 than straight out of the J3. Otherwise they were pretty much the same. 

Feb 8, 2012 at 11:41 PM Post #80 of 99
Looks like I am not getting HD25 iis and will be getting the Beyerdynamic DT1350s instead.. the turn off from the old HD25s is the aesthetics utilitarian is not a good thing. Even though the sound might be like Jessica Alba its like starring into Hillary Swanks out of proportion mouth.

Hopefully Sennheisers outrageous MSRPs will decrease because I was interested in the HD25s sound and the Amperior has a bit more bass which is always better, I would love to have these just not at 350$, such a bad price point! By Halloween I bet they will drop ~100$ and I will get the silvers along with leatherette pads, and metal headphones are a big upside (M-80s hopefully you release velour pads soon Val!) but anyways metal construction is durable, I hate plasticky feel and look

Feb 8, 2012 at 11:58 PM Post #81 of 99

Quote:
Looks like I am not getting HD25 iis and will be getting the Beyerdynamic DT1350s instead.. the turn off from the old HD25s is the aesthetics utilitarian is not a good thing. Even though the sound might be like Jessica Alba its like starring into Hillary Swanks out of proportion mouth.

Hopefully Sennheisers outrageous MSRPs will decrease because I was interested in the HD25s sound and the Amperior has a bit more bass which is always better, I would love to have these just not at 350$, such a bad price point! By Halloween I bet they will drop ~100$ and I will get the silvers along with leatherette pads, and metal headphones are a big upside (M-80s hopefully you release velour pads soon Val!) but anyways metal construction is durable, I hate plasticky feel and look

Yea, I'm also looking at the Beyer's they have a good price and I heard they sound good for a portable can

Feb 18, 2012 at 2:08 PM Post #83 of 99
Feb 21, 2012 at 9:24 AM Post #86 of 99
I have seen the youtube video where someone tested the bass on several units, and the old 25 units plastic casing actually "shock absorbed" the bass so that it was diminished slightly and when he held it against a solid object it increased i  bass on his ociloscope for that reason alone I would welcome the more solid aluminum housing that should help in sound.

That combined with super low impediance should result in a much different or more detailed unit.

I believe the marketing department felt it was best to not stray away from such a good seller as the original 25 and thats why they lied about it sounding the same...

Mar 2, 2012 at 8:35 PM Post #90 of 99

Quote:
If you missed it earlier, the graphs show the sound is different.

Amperior
HD25-1-II

-I'm not so experienced in reading these graphs but it looks like an amplitude increase from 10-40Hz, if that means more of a sub bass presence I'll absolutely have to pick some up. After a year of searching the replacement for my HD25 might be the new HD25.-

Edit:
Tyll provides the linked HD25-1 II measurement and another one labeled "HD25-1 II new one tested in 2012" that matches the Amperior frequency curve, save Amperior's slightly gentler high frequency spike. I was under the impression the the HD25-1 II has been unchanged over the years. Any thoughts?

Amperior
HD25-1 II new one tested in 2012
HD25-1 II

http://www.innerfidelity.com/headphone-data-sheet-downloads

Users who are viewing this thread

Back