New guy looking 4 headphone advice
Jul 24, 2011 at 3:56 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

MusicAddikt

New Head-Fier
Hey all.  I'm looking for a good quality pair of cans for around 200-400 dollars.  They will be used for DJing in clubs, and also for daily listening.  I listen to primarily liquid drum and bass, drum and bass, dubstep, beat mix-tapes (i.e. gramatik), hip hop, and experimental electronic (i.e. pretty lights / emancipator / blockhead).  I also listen to heavy metal and acoustic rock occasionally but would prefer a pair of cans tailored more towards what I mainly listen to.  I am currently using beats by dre headphones and I know that there has got to be better cans out there, there are just too many to choose from!!!  The selection is just overwhelming...

Jul 24, 2011 at 7:57 PM Post #4 of 8
Probably meant the 750s.  Those are the ones marketed as DJ 'phones.  More bass and all...

Jul 28, 2011 at 7:59 PM Post #6 of 8

Quote:
Hey all.  I'm looking for a good quality pair of cans for around 200-400 dollars.  They will be used for DJing in clubs, and also for daily listening.  I listen to primarily liquid drum and bass, drum and bass, dubstep, beat mix-tapes (i.e. gramatik), hip hop, and experimental electronic (i.e. pretty lights / emancipator / blockhead).  I also listen to heavy metal and acoustic rock occasionally but would prefer a pair of cans tailored more towards what I mainly listen to.  I am currently using beats by dre headphones and I know that there has got to be better cans out there, there are just too many to choose from!!!  The selection is just overwhelming...

Heya,

Ultrasone Pro 900's or Ultrasone HFI 580's. Both would suit your need in two price points.

Very best,

Jul 28, 2011 at 9:36 PM Post #7 of 8
DT990, Sony Z1000, ATH-ES10, ESW10, SRH940 and Pro900.

Jul 29, 2011 at 3:57 AM Post #8 of 8
Go try the Denon AH-D1100.

They are very comfortable. "around the ear", and are considered portable.

The cups swivel dj-style.

And especially considering your musical tastes. This recommendation comes from a fellow dnb lover. These headphones are awesome for that genre.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back