New Grados!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Feb 22, 2009 at 1:38 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 13

kboe

Headphoneus Supremus
Hey Headroom,
So Grado Labs just released their new line of headphones, when can we expect them to be available at Headroom? Cant wait to read the descriptions.
Kevin
gs1000.gif

Feb 22, 2009 at 5:26 PM Post #2 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by kboe /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hey Headroom,
So Grado Labs just released their new line of headphones, when can we expect them to be available at Headroom? Cant wait to read the descriptions.
Kevin
gs1000.gif

I may well try one, now that they've upgraded them.
smily_headphones1.gif

How are your SR80's.

I'm wondering which one to get, but that will be much later this year. It's a tossup between a pair of Denons.
evil_smiley.gif

Feb 22, 2009 at 11:29 PM Post #3 of 13
The SR80s are impressive for their $80-100 price range. The detail, when driven by an amp, is really good and the midrange is sweet indeed. I have the Denon AH-D2000s and they are a fantastic headphone if you like a good dark sound signature. They are sturdier than they look in pictures and sound slightly darker than I am used to yet, but I imagine they will warm up over time, like my 650s did. They are both great for the dollar. I was going to upgrade the 2000s to the LA2000s but these new grados have my attention, as do most new headphone products!
Kevin

Feb 24, 2009 at 3:37 AM Post #5 of 13
Hello All,

Just spoke with John today and we should have all the new Grado models coming into HeadRoom very shortly.

In brief, the principal differences are that in addition to installing new & improved headphone cords across the board, the element drivers have also been tweaked some as well with the goals of superb musical detail resolution and smoother response. Cosmetically, the RS and GS 'woodies' now have more uniform finishes with less color variation from model to model.

We cant wait to get our grubby hands on the new PS-1000 in a couple of weeks!

Stay tuned for more details soon!
popcorn.gif

Cheers,
Jorge
HR Sales/Product Manager

Feb 24, 2009 at 11:02 AM Post #6 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by JorgeC /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hello All,

We cant wait to get our grubby hands on the new PS-1000 in a couple of weeks!

Perfect, perfecter, perfectest!!!
popcorn.gif

Feb 24, 2009 at 7:35 PM Post #9 of 13
I hope you measure them also, so we can compare the graphs between old and new versions! So please, dont remove and replace the old version graphs when adding new ones, if possible?

Feb 24, 2009 at 8:03 PM Post #10 of 13
A few more Grado tidbits:

All models have re-configured the diaphragms. The 60i/80i/125i/225i series have a new rear housing that resembles the SR325i, but in plastic. Grado models SR125i ~ GS1000i have new heavier & thicker headphone cabling. Models SR60i/SR80i/SR125i will be fitted with the 'S' ["soft"] cushions. SR325i will not be gold but silver & is now called the SR325is. Wood species has been changed on the RS/GS woodies and the milling/finishing processes have been made more cosmetically uniform.

Also, John Grado is saying the SR80i model will have a new "distressed diaphragm" design.
evil_smiley.gif

Oh, and the PS-1000 will NOT come in a wooden box contrary to some reports. They will be packaged in a hard-sided cardboard box similar to current GS-1000 boxing.

Cheers,
Jorge
HR Sales/Product Manager

Mar 1, 2009 at 4:28 AM Post #11 of 13
Hello Headroom and others, I too am very much anticipating the new grado descriptions on your site! I am pretty much done with the grado models but still sure would like a listen to the ps1000 (hope it iwll be at nl meet later this year).
Of course I am also salivating over the hd800 description although i guess you will first need some weeks tolisten to these phones.
Greetings, Anouk,

Mar 2, 2009 at 7:33 AM Post #12 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by Anouk /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hello Headroom and others, I too am very much anticipating the new grado descriptions on your site! I am pretty much done with the grado models but still sure would like a listen to the ps1000 (hope it iwll be at nl meet later this year).
Of course I am also salivating over the hd800 description although i guess you will first need some weeks tolisten to these phones.
Greetings, Anouk,

Thanks Anouk ... We'll have the new line of Grado headphones fully reviewed as soon as they show up here at HeadRoom. That PS1000 should be very interesting!
gs1000.gif

We were lucky enough to have our Senn HD800 sample around the office for a couple of weeks before we sadly had to send it off to Stereophile for review (man, that was a difficult parting) ... After cajoling, invectives, and sundry threats, i managed to pry them off my co-workers' heads for a while and they are indeed #%#@$#$ GREAT!!!
very_evil_smiley.gif

Cheers,
Jorge
HR Sales & Service Manager

Users who are viewing this thread

Back