New Grado "S-Cush"/"Comfies" itchy and hard?
Jul 26, 2012 at 6:28 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

kwitel

Headphoneus Supremus
Maybe I got a fake pair but I ordered them through Amazon from a company ( 4ourEars) that states they are Grados.

I dont remember them ever being this hard and uncomfortable.

Are there any new options for my HF-1's? I love the sound from a quarter modded s-cush but I cant wear these for more than an hour...

Jul 26, 2012 at 8:16 PM Post #3 of 9
The yellow Senns are a thing if beauty. I couldn't stand the comfies, got these in and all irritation was gone.

Jul 26, 2012 at 8:19 PM Post #4 of 9
Yes, the Senns are better.  I took my HF2 pads and soaked them in Woolite.  Made them softer and WAY less itchy.  But the Senns are still softer and more comfortable.

Jul 26, 2012 at 8:34 PM Post #5 of 9
Quote:
order the yellow Senn HD414 pads.  They are nice and soft and basically identical to the grado comfies.

Quote:
The yellow Senns are a thing if beauty. I couldn't stand the comfies, got these in and all irritation was gone.

Quote:
Yes, the Senns are better.  I took my HF2 pads and soaked them in Woolite.  Made them softer and WAY less itchy.  But the Senns are still softer and more comfortable.

Thanks.

Have always gone with other options due to the yellow color.
Are they easy to dye?

Also, are they the same thickness as the comfies? Thats one of the nice things about the comfies; they provide a bit more depth which in turn allows for a tad more soundstage.

Jul 26, 2012 at 8:43 PM Post #6 of 9
Quote:

Thanks.

Have always gone with other options due to the yellow color.
Are they easy to dye?

you can try, worst thing is that you get black ears 
biggrin.gif

but seriously, clothes dye may work. 

Jul 26, 2012 at 8:46 PM Post #7 of 9
Hope you got a real good deal since Grado is in Brooklyn and there are plenty of dealers in NYC to let you audition the pads before you buy.
confused.gif

Jul 26, 2012 at 11:36 PM Post #9 of 9
Quote:
Hope you got a real good deal since Grado is in Brooklyn and there are plenty of dealers in NYC to let you audition the pads before you buy.
confused.gif

Om my g-d...I spent a whole ten dollars! 
Should I return them and hunt for a better deal?

Maybe they can be found somewhere for 9 dollars...or maybe even 8!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back