New Google Maps - FREAK OUT.
Apr 6, 2005 at 4:13 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 29

Jahn

Headphoneus Supremus Prolificus
http://maps.google.com/

I punched in my address, zoomed in, then hit the "satellite" function. Yowza. Even punched in my folks place in Delaware. Satellite. So we DID plant that Christmas tree in the neighbor's lawn!

Apr 6, 2005 at 4:25 AM Post #2 of 29
Decided to have a bit of fun -

iceberg.jpg

madre.jpg

Apr 6, 2005 at 4:43 AM Post #4 of 29
Google satellites says I live on dirt! They haven't even started buildling the houses yet, these satellite photos has got to be several years old atleast 3yrs.

Apr 6, 2005 at 4:45 AM Post #5 of 29
Quote:

Originally Posted by zbuddah
Google satellites says I live on dirt! They haven't even started buildling the houses yet, these satellite photos has got to be several years old atleast 3yrs.

Haha.

Thanks for the link Jahn.

Apr 6, 2005 at 5:41 AM Post #8 of 29
Quote:

Originally Posted by bLue_oNioN
Why is it that I keep getting grey boxes where satellite images aren't loading properly? Is the server overloaded?

My boxes went away when I switched from Firefox to IE (arg). Try that. Or it could be just a server thing.

Apr 6, 2005 at 6:42 AM Post #10 of 29
works fine with firefox here

Apr 6, 2005 at 12:51 PM Post #13 of 29
Quote:

Originally Posted by zbuddah

Definately not current, I can't get in too close but my house appears to be a nice green field, no hint of the home at all and at this time of year the fields surrounding us would either be snow covered or redish mud.

Apr 6, 2005 at 12:55 PM Post #14 of 29
I looked at my street and some modifications that were made late last fall were there. Looks like there is no set time for getting updated images.

Apr 6, 2005 at 1:16 PM Post #15 of 29
Freakin Google scores again! Google maps have already made mapquest at thing of the past in my mind. Especially the ability to scroll around a map with the cursor.

I did my satellite view of my home. Dead on accurate. Scary!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back