New Go-vibe available soon
Jun 15, 2005 at 2:07 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 50

la_marquise

100+ Head-Fier
<ahref>http://members.shaw.ca/storage_2/headsave/</ahref>

finally found the legendary Norm of Go-Vibe fame and he's told me that he's coming out with a new Go-Vibe!!

Email him for details!

Jun 16, 2005 at 1:07 AM Post #3 of 50
Quote:

Originally Posted by cmirza
Rather than bombard him with emails, wouldn't it be better to just post the details here?

Yes, here they are, direct quote from Norm:

The new go-vibe V3 builds on this tradition and adds more value with:

•All board-mounted components.

•Hand matched 1% metal film resistors

•Better power supply section.

•Shorter signal paths.

•No internal wiring.

•Higher quality, more compact black Hammond all aluminum case.

•Custom machined and engraved end panels.

•Two standard high quality op-amps (one installed, one supplied)

The op-amp is socketed and easily replaceable. The go-vibe V3 comes with both OPA2227 and AD8066

op-amps as standard (one installed and the other supplied). This allows you to choose your personal

preference. (Please be sure to follow the op-amp instructions link at the bottom of this page).

The amp is powered by a single replaceable 9v battery housed neatly and securely inside the case. The battery

compartment is secured by two snap buttons with screws supplied for those who prefer them. Average battery

life is 75 hours with an alkaline.

The go-vibe V3 is specified with a universally compatible gain setting of 4. This provides excellent performance

with the majority of sources and the majority of headphones from 16 – 300 Ohms.

The new go-vibe V3 offers a clear, dynamic sound with a lower noise floor, better imaging, superior bass

response and treble extension.

Jun 16, 2005 at 3:21 AM Post #4 of 50
My, my, that certainly sounds interesting.
600smile.gif

Did Norm give you any sort of time-table on how things are proceding with the new version?

Jun 16, 2005 at 4:58 AM Post #6 of 50
Nice, Im glad he's upgrading the case to an aluminum one.
the custom engraving is good too, looks like its gonna go head to head with the super mini moy?

what is the go vibe equivelant to? a cmoy, mint??

Jun 16, 2005 at 5:45 AM Post #7 of 50
Quote:

Originally Posted by RnB180
Nice, Im glad he's upgrading the case to an aluminum one.
the custom engraving is good too, looks like its gonna go head to head with the super mini moy?

what is the go vibe equivelant to? a cmoy, mint??

As far as I know, the circuit is too different to be compared with a CMoy or MINT. It's just not related to them. Some have compared the home-vibe, for example, with the PiMETA (or maybe PPA, I don't remember).

Jun 16, 2005 at 6:27 AM Post #9 of 50
Doh! I just recieved the v2 last week.

But then, since I'm perfectly happy with the Go-Vibe in it's current incarnation
etysmile.gif

Though the aluminium enclosure sure is tempting...

Jun 16, 2005 at 11:23 PM Post #12 of 50
Can you get Norm in this forum to tell us the release date, and maybe post a picture of what the amp will look like? That would be very helpful for me (as well as other head-fi members) since I'm looking to buy an amp very soon.
icon10.gif

Jun 17, 2005 at 12:59 AM Post #13 of 50
Quote:

Originally Posted by rx7_fan
Can you get Norm in this forum to tell us the release date, and maybe post a picture of what the amp will look like? That would be very helpful for me (as well as other head-fi members) since I'm looking to buy an amp very soon.
icon10.gif

available NOW! for $100 USD, shipping incl to all N.America. I have pictures that I can't upload (not having a space to store them in!)...

280smile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back