New gaming headphones
Jul 17, 2007 at 1:24 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 13

potato28

Head-Fier
Hey Head-Fi, I've been lurking a lot in the past month and a half looking at all of the headphones and mods on the site. I like my Sennheiser HD 555 in the winter, but the summer is just too noisy to concentrate while gaming. Could the Beyer DT 770's be good closed cans for gaming? My price range is $40-$250 CAD, and can be a used pair. Thanks!

Jul 17, 2007 at 1:41 AM Post #2 of 13
AudioTechnica ATH-A900
smily_headphones1.gif

one of the best headphones you can get for gaming and very easy to drive indeed - no amp required!

Jul 17, 2007 at 1:47 AM Post #3 of 13
since you request unamped, im going to second the A900'sbased on how much good praise they already get for unamped gaming.

Jul 17, 2007 at 2:08 AM Post #4 of 13
i will throw in a "third" for the A900s. i had them for about a year and a half and they served me wonderfully for my gaming/music needs

Jul 17, 2007 at 2:09 AM Post #5 of 13
How isolating are the A900's? I might be using them on a plane if their comfortable enough, and my room AC unit can be noisy.

Jul 17, 2007 at 2:21 AM Post #6 of 13
i dont have them, but they "should" be very comfortable. everyone raves about their comfort. i should note, that objectively, they are enourmous in comparison to other phones, so they might be "unsightly" on the plane, and a hastle to carry around- that i can tell you.

Again, since i dont have them, i can't comment on the isolation.

Jul 17, 2007 at 2:23 AM Post #7 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by ChaseD13 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i dont have them, but they "should" be very comfortable. everyone raves about their comfort. i should note, that objectively, they are enourmous in comparison to other phones, so they might be "unsightly" on the plane, and a hastle to carry around- that i can tell you.

Again, since i dont have them, i can't comment on the isolation.

I don't care about size, but thanks for the input
smily_headphones1.gif

Jul 17, 2007 at 2:29 AM Post #8 of 13
Jul 17, 2007 at 2:52 AM Post #10 of 13
A900 or DT770Pro80's, there both very good for gaming, can't go wrong with either.

Jul 17, 2007 at 5:30 AM Post #12 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by potato28 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hey Head-Fi, I've been lurking a lot in the past month and a half looking at all of the headphones and mods on the site. I like my Sennheiser HD 555 in the winter, but the summer is just too noisy to concentrate while gaming. Could the Beyer DT 770's be good closed cans for gaming? My price range is $40-$250 CAD, and can be a used pair. Thanks!

& if you get the 5.1 itch..Buy a cheap receiver that supports Dolby Headphone..Incredible..

Jul 17, 2007 at 6:16 AM Post #13 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by potato28 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
How isolating are the A900's? I might be using them on a plane if their comfortable enough, and my room AC unit can be noisy.

Quote:

Originally Posted by XenatR /img/forum/go_quote.gif
the isolation is VERY good. i can hardly hear anything with music on
biggrin.gif

actually, the isolation on these is below average for a closed headphone. they do leak more than most closed headphones and provide a little less isolation, however it's not enough of a difference that you won't be able to isolate yourself from your surroundings (for the most part). depends on how loud you listen to your music, too

Users who are viewing this thread

Back