New, Fully Balanced Burson Conductor 3X: Dual ESS9038, 7.5wpc XLR, 3.75wpc SE Headamp, Changeable Opamps
Jul 20, 2022 at 11:15 PM Post #496 of 528
What’s your source? I’ve had odd buzzing sounds sometimes when I turn the amp on while I’m BT mode but once I switch inputs it goes away. I can’t figure that out. I have Sparkos op amps in the volume stage and Staccato opamps for the input stage and I get more of a “pop” with the staccato op amps. Still my amp is very quiet, thankfully, after my very noisy Woo amp.
I'm going in from an RME ADI-2 DAC FS via XLR.

Opamps are 4x of the Sparkos 3602's. What headphones/iem's are you using, just so I have a benchmark for what "quiet" is haha.

Jul 21, 2022 at 12:14 AM Post #497 of 528
I'm going in from an RME ADI-2 DAC FS via XLR.

Opamps are 4x of the Sparkos 3602's. What headphones/iem's are you using, just so I have a benchmark for what "quiet" is haha.

Have you taken the RME out of the chain just confirm that the last bit of the buzzing is isolated to the Burson? Could it be your cables? I only ask that as years ago I got an amp that I thought was faulty and it turned out to be a cable which was odd as it had worked fine up until then.

Abyss Diana Phi for headphones. The earbuds are 300Ω and 500Ω so pretty much need the amp. That said I do have some CCA-CRA iems that are quite noisy with the Burson so maybe I just don’t use efficient enough gear to get noise.

Last edited:
Jul 21, 2022 at 3:48 AM Post #498 of 528
Have you taken the RME out of the chain just confirm that the last bit of the buzzing is isolated to the Burson? Could it be your cables? I only ask that as years ago I got an amp that I thought was faulty and it turned out to be a cable which was odd as it had worked fine up until then.

Abyss Diana Phi for headphones. The earbuds are 300Ω and 500Ω so pretty much need the amp. That said I do have some CCA-CRA iems that are quite noisy with the Burson so maybe I just don’t use efficient enough gear to get noise.
Oh yea same issue with everything unplugged and nothing at all hooked up. Probably I’m just using way too sensitive stuff. My IEM’s are all 16Ohm and >105dB/mW… so yea definitely a gear pairing issue I suppose. I barely notice any noise with a RAD-0.

Jul 21, 2022 at 9:40 AM Post #499 of 528
Oh yea same issue with everything unplugged and nothing at all hooked up. Probably I’m just using way too sensitive stuff. My IEM’s are all 16Ohm and >105dB/mW… so yea definitely a gear pairing issue I suppose. I barely notice any noise with a RAD-0.

I’m sure that’s it then. My only iems are 34 Ω and 105dB and there’s definitely noise with them.

Jul 30, 2022 at 4:19 PM Post #500 of 528
I can easily connect a USB-A/USB-C cable between the Surface Dock and the Burson Conductor 3XR to reliably connect, but a USB-C/USB-C cable seems to have difficulties. Any suggestions?

Jul 30, 2022 at 5:19 PM Post #501 of 528
I can easily connect a USB-A/USB-C cable between the Surface Dock and the Burson Conductor 3XR to reliably connect, but a USB-C/USB-C cable seems to have difficulties. Any suggestions?
Have you tried USB-C/USB-C OTG cable? If yes, have you connected it to the right direction? (It works only in one way, should be marked on the cable).
If not, it might worth a try.

Jul 30, 2022 at 7:54 PM Post #502 of 528
Reached out to Burson about this a while ago. I had an old edition USB card in mine. It requires a specific USB OTG cable to go C-C.

They were willing to upgrade my card to the latest card for $50 which fixes this issue and let’s you use any USB cable without an OTG adapter.

Jul 31, 2022 at 1:49 PM Post #503 of 528
I got the C-C working again - required a few restarts and I re-installed the driver. All good now.

Aug 30, 2022 at 2:46 AM Post #504 of 528
Reached out to Burson about this a while ago. I had an old edition USB card in mine. It requires a specific USB OTG cable to go C-C.

They were willing to upgrade my card to the latest card for $50 which fixes this issue and let’s you use any USB cable without an OTG adapter.
@fjlabs Did this require a back to base return or did you insert the board yourself?

Last edited:
Sep 6, 2022 at 12:08 AM Post #505 of 528
@fjlabs Did this require a back to base return or did you insert the board yourself?
I was able to swap the board myself. About 8 total screws and 3 sets of pin-board headers (super easy to pull out, just pull perpendicular).

Sep 6, 2022 at 12:34 AM Post #506 of 528
I was able to swap the board myself. About 8 total screws and 3 sets of pin-board headers (super easy to pull out, just pull perpendicular).
Thanks so much for that. New board on the way.

Last edited:
Sep 10, 2022 at 12:39 PM Post #507 of 528
When I‘ve been using BT mode and turn on the amp, I get a fair amount of noise. but if I just cycle through the inputs and come back to BT it’s silent again. Just a minor inconvenience but I wondered why this would be.

Nov 22, 2022 at 2:04 PM Post #508 of 528
Im selling Burson Conductor 3XR DEMO, anyone is interested? I want 1350$ + shipping costs. If its in the wrong thread i will delete it :)
IMG_20220812_132843.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20220812_132843.jpg
    IMG_20220812_132843.jpg
    4.5 MB · Views: 0
Nov 22, 2022 at 7:11 PM Post #509 of 528
it is the wrong thread. you should post it in the head-fi classifieds forum.

Dec 15, 2022 at 2:05 PM Post #510 of 528
I forgot to mention that Burson Audio were extremely helpful with my USB-C problems. They were fixed with a new board that I easily inserted myself following instructions. This is a great company.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back