New, Fully Balanced Burson Conductor 3X: Dual ESS9038, 7.5wpc XLR, 3.75wpc SE Headamp, Changeable Opamps
Jan 2, 2021 at 1:17 PM Post #391 of 528
OK any of you guys notice a little flicker of the small icon on the display panel next to the PCM 44khz ? Is this a concern?

apologies for dragging this up after quite a while but did you get any indication from Burson on what this was?
I’ve just stepped into Headphone Heaven myself and have a pair of Diana Abyss Phi headphones with the SuperConductor balanced XLR cables, I bought the AudioQuest Carbon USB-C to USB-A to use with the Conductor 3XR I’ve just opened and started using after spending ages finding what worked best for me paired with these headphones.
Sound, I’m totally happy, flicker on the OLED screen, I’m curious as to what it may have been as I have the same on mine...
It’s almost like it’s constantly updating itself to check the file coming in be it 44K or 88K etc.
The weirdest thing is, when you turn the display 90 degrees so the unit is standing on end, the icon still flickers so it’s not a small dead patch of the OLED screen.
I’m running mine through a mains conditioner and also ifi USB iSilencer+ and still flickers.

Last edited:
Jan 2, 2021 at 1:23 PM Post #392 of 528
apologies for dragging this up after quite a while but did you get any indication from Burson on what this was?
I’ve just stepped into Headphone Heaven myself and have a pair of Diana Abyss Phi headphones with the SuperConductor balanced XLR cables, I bought the AudioQuest Carbon USB-C to USB-A to use with the Conductor 3XR I’ve just opened and started using after spending ages finding what worked best for me paired with these headphones.
Sound, I’m totally happy, flicker on the OLED screen, I’m curious as to what it may have been as I have the same on mine...
It’s almost like it’s constantly updating itself to check the file coming in be it 44K or 88K etc.
The weirdest thing is, when you turn the display 90 degrees so the unit is standing on end, the icon still flickers so it’s not a small dead patch of the OLED screen.
I’m running mine through a mains conditioner and also ifi USB iSilencer+ and still flickers.

I also had this issue and shipped it back to the supplying dealer. The dealer has stated that they can not replicate the problem. I am baffled.

Jan 2, 2021 at 5:14 PM Post #394 of 528
I think it's something that everybody's unit, including mine, has - not a fault.

Jan 5, 2021 at 4:51 AM Post #396 of 528
Reply from Burson:
Very quick reply and respected answer.

Regarding that flickering icon, that's part of the design and there is a perfect reason why it is there. The C3 is programmed to display the incoming signal sample rate accurately. The incoming audio signal can be anything from 44khz to 768khz and from DSD16 to DSD512. These changes happen from one song to another and sometimes it can change within one song. To ensure accuracy, the C3-Reference resamples the incoming signal every few seconds. In that moment of resampling, you get this little blink from the icon.

Jan 21, 2021 at 4:33 AM Post #397 of 528
Reply from Burson:
Very quick reply and respected answer.

Regarding that flickering icon, that's part of the design and there is a perfect reason why it is there. The C3 is programmed to display the incoming signal sample rate accurately. The incoming audio signal can be anything from 44khz to 768khz and from DSD16 to DSD512. These changes happen from one song to another and sometimes it can change within one song. To ensure accuracy, the C3-Reference resamples the incoming signal every few seconds. In that moment of resampling, you get this little blink from the icon.

Thanks so much for providing this information. Like others I was baffled with it behaviour too. It does look like it is updating something but was hoping to hear from Burson. BTW, I have recently receive the Conductor 3X Performance. I am so happy with my purchase. Instant ascension lol!

Apr 21, 2021 at 1:18 AM Post #399 of 528
I am currently in the process of purchasing a DAC/AMP to power my Final D8000 Pros. Right now, it's a toss up between a AIO Burson Conductor 3x Reference or the Cayin stack iDAC-6 MK2 + iha-6. The Burson is still more expensive over, so would it be "worth" spending about $600 more for the Burson vs. the Cayin stack.

Any help/suggestions would be greatly appreciate.

Apr 22, 2021 at 4:51 PM Post #401 of 528
I am currently in the process of purchasing a DAC/AMP to power my Final D8000 Pros. Right now, it's a toss up between a AIO Burson Conductor 3x Reference or the Cayin stack iDAC-6 MK2 + iha-6. The Burson is still more expensive over, so would it be "worth" spending about $600 more for the Burson vs. the Cayin stack.

Any help/suggestions would be greatly appreciate.
The Burson Conductor 3x Reference is a great dac/preamp/headphone amp. Compact, sounds great and very flexible. Get it over a stack of Cayin stuff.

May 29, 2021 at 4:54 AM Post #402 of 528
Hi guys. Just have a question. Am i able to connect 2 powered speakers as well as a subwoofer to the 3X Conductor Ref?
I know there are two sets of outputs. One called 'XLR Pre Out' and the other 'XLR Dac Out'. Can both XLR outputs be used at the same time for this purpose and if so, what setting do i use?

Thanks guys.

May 29, 2021 at 5:05 AM Post #403 of 528
Hi guys. Just have a question. Am i able to connect 2 powered speakers as well as a subwoofer to the 3X Conductor Ref?
I know there are two sets of outputs. One called 'XLR Pre Out' and the other 'XLR Dac Out'. Can both XLR outputs be used at the same time for this purpose and if so, what setting do i use?

Thanks guys.
It's either Pre Out or DAC Out

Users who are viewing this thread

Back