NEW Fostex TR-70, TR-80 & TR-90
Feb 23, 2016 at 6:27 PM Post #31 of 120
frown.gif

Mar 22, 2016 at 8:01 PM Post #33 of 120
If anyone wants to try it, I bet I could woody a pair of these. Might change things a little...some damping here, some sexy wood there...

Mar 22, 2016 at 10:17 PM Post #35 of 120
  check out those beefy pads.... They def watch the modding community. 

Would you know which model this one is, I'm sure that the T50rp MK3 don't come with these pads?!

Mar 22, 2016 at 10:21 PM Post #36 of 120

check out those beefy pads.... They def watch the modding community. 

Would you know which model this one is, I'm sure that the T50rp MK3 don't come with these pads?!

The T50RP doesn't come with pads that deep, that would cause some pretty negative changes to what Fostex wants the Tx0RP headphones to have.

Mar 26, 2016 at 7:00 AM Post #37 of 120
Just signed up to post my thoughts on these, since there's precious little info about these headphones online:

I actually own a pair of these, having auditioned them at a local headphone store. They work very well for my listening tastes (classical, soft rock, pop), replacing my previous PSB M4U2s (which sounded veiled in comparison, even if their soundstaging did seem wider). I didn't find them fatiguing until I tried to listen to some Eminem to relive my misspent youth ('Just Lose It', if you're interested). It was an icepick to the brain. Then I tried it with some EDM (Avicii) to confirm my suspicions. My conclusion: Anything with a drum machine cymbal, or indeed a heavy 'smile' EQ (i.e. mastered for crappy speakers) will sound extremely, unpleasantly fatiguing. Which, as these were meant as a reference for recording professionals, seems to be the entire point; they make good mixes sound good, and bad mixes sound absolutely horrid.

Mar 26, 2016 at 1:43 PM Post #38 of 120
  Just signed up to post my thoughts on these, since there's precious little info about these headphones online:

I actually own a pair of these, having auditioned them at a local headphone store. They work very well for my listening tastes (classical, soft rock, pop), replacing my previous PSB M4U2s (which sounded veiled in comparison, even if their soundstaging did seem wider). I didn't find them fatiguing until I tried to listen to some Eminem to relive my misspent youth ('Just Lose It', if you're interested). It was an icepick to the brain. Then I tried it with some EDM (Avicii) to confirm my suspicions. My conclusion: Anything with a drum machine cymbal, or indeed a heavy 'smile' EQ (i.e. mastered for crappy speakers) will sound extremely, unpleasantly fatiguing. Which, as these were meant as a reference for recording professionals, seems to be the entire point; they make good mixes sound good, and bad mixes sound absolutely horrid.

Do you find that the sibilance is improved with the smaller pads? Some people are saying that reducing the distance from your ear to the driver improves performance.

Mar 26, 2016 at 1:53 PM Post #39 of 120
  Just got these in the mail. Was extremely excited. Am now extremely disappointed. Did not think I would agree with xanlamin, but holy crap are these things fatiguing. And this is coming from someone who LOVES the T90. I don't even think I'm going to burn them in, they're just going straight back to Amazon.

IDK T90 but think a lot of people really overstate DT770's brightness, bit "Yikes!" if even a Beyer fan finds these xtreme
biggrin.gif
Maybe they are intended for similar purposes to ath-m70x or something... audio production microscope sort of deal?

Mar 27, 2016 at 2:40 AM Post #40 of 120
Do you find that the sibilance is improved with the smaller pads? Some people are saying that reducing the distance from your ear to the driver improves performance.

I'm using the standard (shallow) pads, and haven't tried the extra deep ones, so these seem to be inherently sibilant.

Just realized this, but I forgot to mention that I own the closed back version (TR-80), if that makes a difference.

Apr 16, 2016 at 6:54 AM Post #42 of 120
  So this are a planers too like the mk3 T50rp's?

Non. They're all are dynamics. (see first post for specs)

Apr 16, 2016 at 12:35 PM Post #44 of 120
The T50RP MKII already has a successor - the T50RP MK3 - http://www.fostexinternational.com/docs/products/New_RP-Series.shtml

Apr 16, 2016 at 12:56 PM Post #45 of 120
  The T50RP MKII already has a successor - the T50RP MK3 - http://www.fostexinternational.com/docs/products/New_RP-Series.shtml

Yep, I've ordered one from juno few hours ago, already have the X2's and wanted something a little different, assuming 
that the t50rp's will be a better choice in this sense..

thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back