NEW! Fostex TH610 Premium Reference Closed-Back Headphones
Jun 26, 2017 at 6:18 PM Post #691 of 974
As forum threads are not searchable in its current form, I have to ask if redundantly.

Do you feel TH610's stock pads are really utilizing memory foams as stated? Or they are just soft but not actually slow-rebounding?
If you have been wearing a TH-X00, does TH610 feel apparently softer and less clamping?

Regarding softness and clamp: no major difference to me, they both feel soft and very, very comfortable.
For some reason I found the TH-610 to fit my head a bit better, more "snug", but those where almost new out of box while the X00 had some use.

Without actually ripping the pads open I can't exactly comfirm that they are using memory foam but there is, as you say, a slow rebound to them.
Do note that the pads on the X00s have slightly smaller openings for your ears, nothing that bothered me when comparing but could be an issue depending on the shape of your ear.

Jun 26, 2017 at 9:51 PM Post #692 of 974
Regarding softness and clamp: no major difference to me, they both feel soft and very, very comfortable.
For some reason I found the TH-610 to fit my head a bit better, more "snug", but those where almost new out of box while the X00 had some use.

Without actually ripping the pads open I can't exactly comfirm that they are using memory foam but there is, as you say, a slow rebound to them.
Do note that the pads on the X00s have slightly smaller openings for your ears, nothing that bothered me when comparing but could be an issue depending on the shape of your ear.

Thank you very much!
I have to ask because I have a very problematic asymmetric skull that results in extremely uneven distribution of clamping force with almost any around-ear headphones, hence every one more possible bit absorption of clamping and adaption to skulls are crucial for me. And your elaboration is very helpful, cheers:beerchug:

Jul 13, 2017 at 11:02 PM Post #693 of 974
20170713_185250.jpg
Recently purchased the 610 from a member here then went out to get the fostex hp-v1. Really happy with my choice. Trying to go all fostex so might have to go get a fostex portable dac to complete it... looking at hp-p1...

Gotta admit tho, the 610 community is really quiet... must be due to the popularity of the massdrop th-x00 big 3.

But I'm loving the sound, details, and improvement with the hp-v1. Think I'll be sitting on this for awhile.

Jul 13, 2017 at 11:08 PM Post #694 of 974
Recently purchased the 610 from a member here then went out to get the fostex hp-v1. Really happy with my choice. Trying to go all fostex so might have to go get a fostex portable dac to complete it... looking at hp-p1...

Gotta admit tho, the 610 community is really quiet... must be due to the popularity of the massdrop th-x00 big 3.

But I'm loving the sound, details, and improvement with the hp-v1. Think I'll be sitting on this for awhile.
Once you find something good and are happy and not searching anymore cause you have been through that journey then silence.

Jul 14, 2017 at 7:03 AM Post #696 of 974
there is many divergent review's about these headphones

are they warm (relax) or neutral/cold headphones ? :)
Warm relaxed but not that relaxed when called for.

Jul 16, 2017 at 10:11 PM Post #697 of 974
For those of you with Hi/Lo Gain amps, do you prefer to run your 610 on Hi or Lo gain? I've been switching modes for different things and was wondering about the members' preferences are.

Also, has anyone tried running these on aftermarket silver or copper cables? Any noticeable difference?

Jul 17, 2017 at 6:29 PM Post #698 of 974
For those of you with Hi/Lo Gain amps, do you prefer to run your 610 on Hi or Lo gain? I've been switching modes for different things and was wondering about the members' preferences are.

Also, has anyone tried running these on aftermarket silver or copper cables? Any noticeable difference?

I've been running my on low gain. Don't think anyone should be running these on high gain when they're 25ohms.

Did not notice much difference with my silver cable which was originally for the hd 650 decided not too spend much time on it, mostly because it would not fit in securely. Honestly all i had to do was turn my head left to right and the cable would pop out. Hd 650 aftermarket cable will fit in but not secure enough i think only moon audio is the only one that offers the fostex plug type.

Last edited:
Jul 18, 2017 at 12:44 AM Post #699 of 974
I've been running my on low gain. Don't think anyone should be running these on high gain when they're 25ohms.

Did not notice much difference with my silver cable which was originally for the hd 650 decided not too spend much time on it, mostly because it would not fit in securely. Honestly all i had to do was turn my head left to right and the cable would pop out. Hd 650 aftermarket cable will fit in but not secure enough i think only moon audio is the only one that offers the fostex plug type.

Agree on the ohms. For experiment purposes I thought some people find hi gain more interesting. But anyways, thanks for the heads up on the silver cables. I read somewhere people actually cut a little piece off the tip to make a "snug" fit.

Jul 18, 2017 at 10:13 PM Post #702 of 974
A wooden grill? That's crazy....

Jul 19, 2017 at 3:47 AM Post #705 of 974
Where was the source for this? Can we get more info?

A portable music convention held in Akihabara of Tokyo.
https://mainichi.jp/articles/20170716/gnw/00m/040/005000c (near the bottom of page)
There is not much information, other than that it will be a bit pricier than 610. The final price, release date, and actual model number (placeholder numbered TH6xx) are all TBA.

https://ascii.jp/elem/000/001/516/1516066/
And according to the report here, while the construction is most finalized, they are still in the process to determine what sound signature they are after, so the reporter didn't even bother to mention how it sounded for now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back