New Fostex HP-V1 Portable Amp
May 18, 2015 at 11:43 AM Post #166 of 220
  Hi, I am using the V1 to drive my HD650 feed from a DX90 and love them. But how does this compare to the Alo Continental V3 & GoVibe PortaTube? OR others like the Portaphile 627X or RSA SR71A?

Apologise if this had been asked before, am a newbie here.

well going back and forth between the V1, and the C v3, the V1 is warmer more tube sounding? more thump, the V3 also has some good thump to it, but is a little more on the brighter side/airier, a bigger soundstage, with more detail, both are very very awesome though, I use the ZOv1 to add some thickness to the C v3 in my portable rig, and may I just say WOW! to that litle power house, I swear by that ZOv1 for any bass heads out there!!!!!

I wanted to get the PortaTube to do a side by side by side, it's a little on the priceier side, but I got a pretty good deal on the V1, and V3, the PortaTube is supposed to trump both these 2 by a margin or two? I'd love to hear that, and sell of the 2nd, and 3rd place tube amps? lol, yea right, like that would happen,

will be getting the V1 into a portable rig soon though!? lol,

right now I am using an iPod Classic 7th gen as a source>HP-P1>the V1, C V3>ASG-2s,

Jun 18, 2015 at 9:44 PM Post #167 of 220
Hi Guys,

Looking to spend abit more money on my ears and keep coming round to the V1. Can anyone explain to me what the benefits of stacking it with my HP-P1 will be? I

My Current rig is iPod (either 64gb Touch or 160gb Classic), HP-P1 and SE846's with the warm nozzle or Bose noise cancelling things.

Jun 20, 2015 at 9:07 PM Post #168 of 220
I have been trying to determine exactly how the Furutech ADL iD-30PA works between the HP-P1 and iDevice. I find the iDevice at sometimes has a depleted battery while connected to the HP-P1.

The provided Fostex cable permits power sharing and charging via an USB port. Woohoo!

I cannot use the iD-30PA cable to charge the iDevice via an USB port. Could be a problem at sometime.

It seems Furutech have prevented power transfer via the iD-30PA to maintain a better audio quality.

I don't think this situation has been discussed anywhere before ...or has it? 
blink.gif

Dec 3, 2016 at 7:09 AM Post #172 of 220
I
I have been trying to determine exactly how the Furutech ADL iD-30PA works between the HP-P1 and iDevice. I find the iDevice at sometimes has a depleted battery while connected to the HP-P1.

The provided Fostex cable permits power sharing and charging via an USB port. Woohoo!

I cannot use the iD-30PA cable to charge the iDevice via an USB port. Could be a problem at sometime.

It seems Furutech have prevented power transfer via the iD-30PA to maintain a better audio quality.

I don't think this situation has been discussed anywhere before ...or has it? :blink:

I've noticed the same using this cable with my Sony HPA-1.

Dec 4, 2016 at 3:12 PM Post #173 of 220
Hey guys, what do your power adapters look like? In the manual the power adapter brick looks like one that would come with a laptop, however mine came with a wall wart adapter (still Fostex branded). Did they change the adapters they supply? On the back of the unit it says 15V however my adapter is 12V 1,500mA, and it seems to take forever to charge as the red LED does not go out. If I unplug the adapter from the wall but not the unit itself the LED still stays on. The unit itself works great however.

Dec 4, 2016 at 4:34 PM Post #175 of 220
I do have the brick and it is 15V 3200ma. On the amp there is 15V indicated in the power input connector. So I do not think this would work with 12V. The new amp seem to have been modified...

Dec 4, 2016 at 4:42 PM Post #176 of 220
Yeah, it's very interesting. Don't know if I should bother purchasing another adapter or just live with this one. It does seem to charge, although slowly. I feel that when running off of direct power though, the 12V might be underpowering the amp, but I'm not sure. Something I did notice however is that my volume knob is nice and solid, and doesn't turn as easily as others' units have.

Dec 4, 2016 at 4:45 PM Post #177 of 220
I would not send 15V in you unit then, it could damage it. The damped volume button is another indication that your model has been updated. A smaller power bloc is cool for traveling! 

Dec 4, 2016 at 5:24 PM Post #179 of 220
This amp does not get very warm

Users who are viewing this thread

Back