New flagship iem from sony!
Sep 7, 2010 at 3:03 PM Post #46 of 75
My EX700 is over 1,000 hours. I am not a treble man, but now its treble is quite ok. I use it quite a lot in recent days, I especially like the way the bass strikes - somehow like..., whole space is shaking. It surprises me. I can't disagree all the criticism to EX700, what was Sony's team thinking?!

Edit, my EX700 is LP, it is said to be brighter than SP. Yeah, Sony was crazy.

Sep 7, 2010 at 3:17 PM Post #47 of 75

Quote:
id be blown away if it could produce bass way down until 15-20 hz where you could literally feel it

A few headphones can do that these days... D7000 and the LCD-2 are some just to name a few. If the MDR-Z1000 can do it while maintaining spectral balanced all the power to them!

Sep 7, 2010 at 6:34 PM Post #48 of 75
I owner mine for 2 years, 5-6h of use per day. Still find there is a treble etch.Depends on the source and the type of music, but still annoying.  The bass and mids are indeed nice

Btw, I own both the SL and LP versions and they're the same in terms of the etch.

Quote:
My EX700 is over 1,000 hours. I am not a treble man, but now its treble is quite ok. I use it quite a lot in recent days, I especially like the way the bass strikes - somehow like..., whole space is shaking. It surprises me. I can't disagree all the criticism to EX700, what was Sony's team thinking?!

Edit, my EX700 is LP, it is said to be brighter than SP. Yeah, Sony was crazy.

Sep 9, 2010 at 7:26 AM Post #50 of 75

re: mdr-ex600
Quote:
Sony also introduces serveral other new headphones, including MDR-ZX700 with 40mm drivers, MDR-ZX300 and MDR-ZX100 with 30mm drivers. As for in-ear models, you can find MDR-EX600 with 16mm drivers, and 13.5mm MDR-EX510SL,MDR-EX310SL.

or typo?

I'm wondering whether ZX1000 comes with leather pads and what material is the housing made of. 

Sep 21, 2010 at 5:22 AM Post #51 of 75
btw, in the past few weeks since/about 2 months before posting the pics of the 4 boxes of ex3/5/700:

a) the 700sl's plastic back of one of the drivers fell off and was lost on the train.
b) the 500lp silicone/rubbery thing attaching the cable to the earpiece snapped off
c) the 700lp cord started expanding adsorbing fat/sweat...

my friend has been chewing through my sonys like crazy
" br="" class="bbcode_smiley" files.head-fi.org="" height="" http:="" images="" smilies="" src="http://files.head-fi.org/images/smilies//biggrin.gif" title="
biggrin.gif
" width="" />   f-g sony build quality. oh and the offical warranty on all sony earphones last time I checked was 0 month, except for 700lp - 3 months. Awesum. (maybe i shouldn't have bought the CD3000 I'm listening to now)

Sep 21, 2010 at 11:28 AM Post #55 of 75
Quote:
The thing that makes me take a step back is the talk of the frequency range. I know my hearing stops somewhere around 17-18k. What use is it to go up to 30k if I cant hear it?

I think it's because an earphone that stops at 18kHz, will not suddenly dive at 17.9kHz, it starts diving earlier, like 14kHz, where you can hear it, so an earphone that stops at 30kHz will start diving at 20kHz or something like that.

The other reason is for SACD playback, which has recordings up to 50kHz (sometimes higher), this creates better overtones in the audible range, and removes the need for a filter which is applied to regular 20Hz-20kHz recordings, without that filter you get intermodulation sounds? (I can't recall the correct term), basically noises that aren't supposed to be there, by removing the need for the filter with an SACD player and high-frequency range IEM you achieve higher quality playback.

Most SACD players have a cut-off limit at 50kHz, because the ones that support[ed] up to 100kHz were reported to fry some amplifiers.

SACD is still alive, sony recently released their cheapest SACD player ever!  and it's reported to sound better than older and more expensive models
http://www.amazon.com/Sony-BDP-S370-Blu-ray-Disc-Player/dp/B0036WS4CA/ref=sr_1_1?s=gateway&ie=UTF8&qid=1285082800&sr=8-1

Sorry for the long post =p  I just like sharing my sacd research with people.

Oct 26, 2010 at 11:08 AM Post #59 of 75

Users who are viewing this thread

Back