1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

New firmware 1.10 for X1050/60 (better browser)

Discussion in 'Portable Source Gear' started by shirleywhite, Dec 2, 2009.
First

Back
  1. HF_Frodo
    I'm getting error message saying "no device to be updated is currently connected ....." even though my X1061 is connected by USB [​IMG]
    Has anyone successfully updated US model (X1051 or X1061)??

2. naddy
    I'm getting the same problem also "no device to be updated is currently connected ....." even though my X1061 is connected by USB

3. soundfreq
    Quote:

Originally Posted by naddy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
    I'm getting the same problem also "no device to be updated is currently connected ....." even though my X1061 is connected by USB

same here [​IMG]

4. HF_Frodo
    Sony eSupport site now has updated US firmware. I just downloaded it and it works! Trying to see whether it improved anything.

5. nonsupremous
    Quote:

Originally Posted by HF_Frodo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
    Sony eSupport site now has updated US firmware. I just downloaded it and it works! Trying to see whether it improved anything.

Did it change anything other than the browser?

6. soundfreq
    will try to update the firmware tonite.

7. HF_Frodo
    Quote:

Originally Posted by nonsupremous /img/forum/go_quote.gif
    Did it change anything other than the browser?

As far as I know, only browser. Opening new page seems a little faster.

8. nonsupremous
    Quote:

Originally Posted by HF_Frodo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
    As far as I know, only browser. Opening new page seems a little faster.

Bummer. I was really hoping they would add a dedicated shuffle and sensme channels. Sigh.

9. moh
    Yeahh the update only fixes the internet browser, unfortunately.
    It is worth it though, it is alot better, and it shows that sony do care about this walkman, so there maybe more updates coming.... We can hope!

10. soundfreq
    i was able to install the firmware last week. didn't notice any difference in web browsing

11. EdwardUong
    I just installed the firmware, the web browser is super fast !!! Yeah well, better then nothing. At least we know that Sony still care for Walkman X users.

12. nonsupremous
    Quote:

Originally Posted by moh /img/forum/go_quote.gif
    Yeahh the update only fixes the internet browser, unfortunately.
    It is worth it though, it is alot better, and it shows that sony do care about this walkman, so there maybe more updates coming.... We can hope!

Very true. For all these years Sony has ignored Firmware updates, so it is nice to see that they have taken an interest in one model. Hopefully it won't be the last one they offer. The X has sooooo much to offer. A couple of tweaks here and there and they can really shore up this player!

First

Back