New England (Mass, NH, Maine, etc) Winter Meet - 1-28
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 28, 2016 at 9:26 AM Post #16 of 99
We definitly need a headphone meet up where we can set up gear and trade opinions. I have a ton of gear in at the moment and would love to share. Being able to try out unfamilair amps and cans is always a highlight to me. 

Cans (all cans modded to some extent):
HD580
HD650
HD800
HE-560
HE6

IEMs:
Campfire Orion
Campfire Lyra2

Amps/Dac:
Eddie Current Black Widow
P Millet Jonokuchi
Schiit Gumby

Dec 4, 2016 at 10:22 AM Post #18 of 99
I'm in Nashua, however I travel and I'm only home every few weekends. Late January would probably be best for me, as that would be around the time I make a trip home.

If Audeze comes through with their b-stock sales, I should have a pair of LCD-2's and a Schiit Jotunheim (with DAC module) in the coming weeks. Also have a pair of HD600's.

I'd love to try the HD800's and Campfire IEM's! IEM tips are pretty universal for fitting to the buds, right? Is proper etiquette to bring your own tips?

Dec 7, 2016 at 3:45 PM Post #19 of 99
I've just signed up and a bit of a noob within this hobby, but I'm in western mass and would love to be able to come to one of these meets. The late january date sounds best to me. Im not picky about the location too much, but wouldnt fancy driving all the way to Maine if im honest.

I've not got much to bring along, this is it so far:
  1. Schiit Magni2+Modi2
  2. SHP9500
  3. Fiio K1
  4. IE80

Dec 8, 2016 at 2:16 PM Post #20 of 99
I'm in Harvard Sq in Cambridge and would be happy to host a headphone meet in my living room. We could probably fit 15 people comfortably. I'm saving up to get a Vibro Custom IEM, so it would be awesome to have you down Luke!

My inventory:

Headphones
Sennheiser HD 6xx with custom Impact Audio Silver cable [en route by xMas for both]
Some Sony CD player open ends from the early 2000s that actually sound surpisingly nice when amped for some old $30 cans

IEMs
Sennheiser IE 800
Final Audio Heaven III [en route from MassDrop]
VE Monk + [who wouldn't travel across NE to listen to these?!]
Klipsch X10i Lou Reed SE

Amps/DACs
Maverick Audio TubeMagic D1 with all the factory upgrades 
Cypher Labs AlgoRhythm Solo -DB DAC [has a power issue that makes it work inconsistenly though :frowning2:]
HeadRoom PicoSlim amp [Amazing little IEM amp that is the size of a pack of gum]
Creative SoundBlaster E5 DAC/Amp
Centrance HiFi Skyn for iPhone 6

Dec 8, 2016 at 2:30 PM Post #22 of 99
Second that on @JoshMo. He is the man. Can't thank him enough for converting me from an IEM guy to an open end Headphone guy.

Dec 8, 2016 at 2:50 PM Post #23 of 99
I'm down, for whenever. The closer to Boston, the better for me (since I have no car
frown.gif
). Thanks for offering to host @JWizzlez...but I suppose the Maine/upper New England folk might similarly prefer a spot closer to home.

Headphones: Audioquest NightHawks
IEMs: NuForce HEM6
DAC/Amp: Grace Design m9XX

@JoshMo, If we can't settle on a spot, we could try raiding a Dunkin Donuts location for real this time
tongue.gif
...I wanna hear that dang HE6.

Dec 9, 2016 at 10:28 AM Post #25 of 99
I think in greater Boston meet is probably the best idea and will get the biggest turnout. 

@Hi-Fi EDU was joking about a dunks', but his point is what we just need to find any spot is a good one. I will start the search, see what  can come up with. Does anyone know of any public spaces are are available, such as office conference rooms, libraries etc? Any hi-fi stores willing to help out some music nerds?

Dec 9, 2016 at 11:29 PM Post #26 of 99
One of the years past had a meet at a building in Cambridge. I can't remember the name for the life of me. It was in Kendall Square I believe. For some reason, I think the British Embassy is also located in that building on a different floor. Could be worth pursuing. I don't know if someone had to pay to rent the room, though.

Dec 10, 2016 at 9:29 AM Post #28 of 99
I will need to see what the availability looks like for the dates everyone chooses...let me know.

Dec 21, 2016 at 4:21 PM Post #29 of 99
I'm in!

Busy the weekend of the 7th but should otherwise be free in Jan next year.

Would be great to finally meet the almighty Luke and check out some of his gear!

Josh, if we can't get anything sorted out. I can always host a decent sized group at my place. Just need a count for the steaks ;P

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back