New England (Mass, NH, Maine, etc) Winter Meet - 1-28
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 31, 2016 at 8:21 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 99

JoshMo

100+ Head-Fier
Hey trying to drum up interest in a winter meet. Last couple of years there has been a meet at Fidilis in Nashua NH, but haven't heard anything about it happening again this year. 

So lets try and get a roll call of who is still in the area and who would be interested in a meet. The two general time frames I see are late Nov / Early Dec before the holidays and Mid - Late Jan after the holidays. Post which times work best for you. 

Lastly, we will need some type of venue. I could arrange something in Maine, but I am guessing people will likey want a more central location, either something around Boston or North Shore areas. Not sure if they are interested, but I know Natural Sound in Framingham has a Utopia which would be an interesting headphone to hear.

Again - post if you are interested in a meet, and a general time that would work for you guys. I know there are lots of us itching for a meet.

Nov 14, 2016 at 8:07 PM Post #2 of 99
I've been to the past two Fidelus meets in NH and they worked out very well. It's also a great store. I'm free most weekends and I'd love to have another up there.

Nov 16, 2016 at 2:15 PM Post #3 of 99
I spoke to walter@fidelis 2 weeks ago at the newyork audio show at the park lane hotel,and he mentioned to me about having another meet at his store. The issue is when to have this meet?

Nov 18, 2016 at 6:11 AM Post #6 of 99
Awesome looks like this is gaining some steam. Would be awesome to have someone like Vibro Labs there to represent their brand. Maybe Luke could even convince his buddy from ZMF to come and demo his new products as well...

Januarary meet looks likey at this point, I could also host about 20 min outside of Portland Me if there was interest. Would love a meet at Fidelis again, now that I'm a bit more versed in two channel gear and vinyl, I've been anxious to check out their shop.

I think if interested parties could respond with their location we could work on a central meeting spot. Don't be shy, all are welcome!

Nov 18, 2016 at 1:59 PM Post #7 of 99
I'd be interested in attending.  given the time frame looks like a POST holiday meet up may be more likely.  it's a lot to pull together before the Holiday I'd imagine.   There's also the NYC Can Jam that is  coming up as well so that may or may not be a factor.    Setting up a bus ride out there shouldn't be too difficult as another local get together option in addition to what's on the table currently.

Nov 18, 2016 at 7:41 PM Post #8 of 99
I'd like to go as well, let's see what the date and location hammer to be,...

Nov 18, 2016 at 10:26 PM Post #9 of 99
Would love a meet at Fidelis again, now that I'm a bit more versed in two channel gear and vinyl, I've been anxious to check out their shop.

If you're interested in visiting anyway, on Saturday December 3rd Fidelis is hosting some manufacturers for the day (12-5).  Last year they mixed the headphone meet with one or two reps, it turned out OK but the manufacturers probably prefer a dedicated audience.

Nov 19, 2016 at 9:32 AM Post #10 of 99

If you're interested in visiting anyway, on Saturday December 3rd Fidelis is hosting some manufacturers for the day (12-5).  Last year they mixed the headphone meet with one or two reps, it turned out OK but the manufacturers probably prefer a dedicated audience.

What are the details here? I'm curious.

Nov 19, 2016 at 12:21 PM Post #11 of 99
I got the same email about Fidelis open house: copied below

Save the Date
We're celebrating and cordially invite you to join us! New Products amazing sound and industry dignataries to mind share with. 
Come enjoy the day in honor of our loyal customers.
Saturday, December 3rd
Noon - 5pm

Sounds interesting enough for a drive down to me.

Nov 19, 2016 at 1:03 PM Post #12 of 99
Yeah, no manufacturer details yet...I THOUGHT I had seen something more detailed, but can't even remember if, or where..... 
tongue.gif

Fidelis has some good vinyl systems, and some new and used vinyl as well.  One of their employees had an older but superbly-rebuilt table that was kicking some nice butt over digital in their main system.

Nov 22, 2016 at 5:05 PM Post #13 of 99
Got the updated email (and they spelled the RSVP email wrong but I corrected below).  Come on down for $200K worth of source and speakers 
biggrin.gif

Meet Industry Experts:
Join Peter McGrath National Sales Manager for Wilson Audio and Renowned recording engineer.
Meet Vince Galbo from MSB Technology and DAC expert supreme.

Presentations:
Peter will demonstrate the sheer awesomeness of the new $110k/pair Alexx loudspeaker, a rare opportunity to listen with his famous recordings! One-on-one meeting opportunities.

Digital Dynamite:
Vince Galbo will join us with the "state of the art" $90K Diamond DAC and transport.
Plus witness the amazing sound of the MSB M204 Monoblock Amplifiers as they power the Alexx Loudspeakers!
This is an opportunity to see and hear the very best of the best in high end audio

Refreshments and hors' d'oeuvres will be served up along with healthy doses of music and great conversation.

Our latest new products will also be on display, the amazing Acoustic Signature Ascona turntable, new amps and preamps from VAC and Constellation, the Zero Uno DAC, and beautiful Diapason loudspeakers!

Email to RSVP: store@fidelisav.com  or call-603-880-4434

Nov 25, 2016 at 9:12 PM Post #14 of 99
I live in Cambridge and would love to go to a meet in the area. I've got the Sennheiser x Massdrop HD6xx [plus an Impact Audio Silver cable with Eidolic Rhodium connectors] coming around Xmas to pair with my Maverick Audio D1 plus the Sennheiser IE800 IEMs. Not the most exciting stuff, but I figure someone will enjoy it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back