New: EarStudio HE100 High-Resolution Earphones
Sep 3, 2019 at 2:31 PM Post #256 of 280
My first impressions of these are rather positive.

Very transparent sounding iem, with textured timbre and balanced emphasis on treble, this give a spacious sound with above average imaging and instrument separation.

Bass is on the thin side, but still lively and well define, mid bass is where the roundness and kick happen.

Sound is very detailed especially on top, mids have some upper mids emphasis, no serious sibilance to be find but vocal are a little too brightish-thinnish to my taste.

In fact, all energy came from snappy highs, wich have better attack than low and mids.

Its not a thick sounding iem, but a well done delicate and transparent one.

Construction is okay, but not mindblowing, especially the plastic mic that have a cheapish feel.

Need more listening (and eartips swapping), but these have a mature tuning wich is not far from being perfectly neutral.

Not bad at All.

Sep 5, 2019 at 8:25 PM Post #257 of 280
Sep 8, 2019 at 5:29 AM Post #259 of 280
I have about 40hrs on these little gems. I will ramble.

I find silicon bulb tips to not retain a very good fit in my ears so I found a tiny old pair from who knows where(ttpod t1e's?) These tips have a nice wide opening with a slim outer profile. I use foam tips on my daily travellers, ba blocked kz z6's, and greatly appreciate the subdued treble from stock and big soundstage. With the ear guides generally keeping the foam tips in place, no deep tip insertion is needed. Unfortunately my current foam tips, at least without earguides, dont cut it on the HE100

I find the HE100's best when I have a quiet sedentary moment where I'm able to tune in to their subtle charms.

The HE100's run ever so slightly bright to my taste, more noticeable on the stock tips. If that is the cost for everything else done well, I don't mind. Bass and mids feel mostly neutral with these tips and wow do they present. I have never owned a fancy single and these little fellers have a coherent sound. All the parts fit well with, praise be, precise imaging!! Thats something I really appreciate and consider my zs6's lacking. Hearing individual instruments with proper texture in their own space rates very well. Panning effects on modern recordings an absolute thrill. Older studio and bootlegs make for an interesting journey into ambience.

From the very first day I noticed guitars, cymbals and vibes stood out as being particularily tasty. Hearing the thwack and decay of instruments is something to cherish.

The audio picture is really only flashy when in the recording. Nothing hyped but if it's there you hear it. Picking up details not noticed before with the HE100's is a treat. Good times I'm having going through old favourites.

With the deep locked seal I get on substitute tips bass is not a problem and would not consider these bass lite. They reach low when called for.

The are few downsides for me. Comfort, I'm simply not enamored with deep insertion silicon tips in general. Not these little troopers fault. Plus a little more treble than I prefer on longer, random playlist sessions. Not a problem whatsoever on well produced recordings. My Earstudio is usually clipped to the neck of my shirt and I braid all my iem's to shorten with the benefit of less cable noise when tucked in. I do hear my footfalls more than the zs6's but no biggie and solved with a bit more volume. I wonder if that is unavoidable with deep sealed silicon iems. I must look into some ear guides and try foams again in the future. Non removeable cable but build quality looks good.

Good job Radsone. Recommended!!

music used :

Van Morrison Astral Weeks & Hard Nose the Highway
Christine and the Queens
Robyn Honey & With Every Heartbeat
Hope Sandoval and the Warm Inventions Bavarian Fruit
Cocteau Twins,Joy Division and Zeppelin boots
Doris Day '55-61 recent remasters
Blind Faith
Blonde Redhead Penny Sparkle
Cliff Martinez The Knick ost
D'Angelo
Factory Floor
Future Bible Heroes
XTC Apple Venus Vol 1 & Wasp Star + demos
The Kinks '66-71
Dinah Washington Roulette Sessions
Randy Newman Self titled '68

Last edited:
Sep 9, 2019 at 6:11 AM Post #261 of 280
Sep 9, 2019 at 10:45 AM Post #262 of 280
Sep 17, 2019 at 11:37 AM Post #263 of 280
My take on the Radsone HE100, https://audio123reviews.com/2019/09/17/radsone-he100
Enjoy & Happy Listening, as always! :)

photo_2019-09-11_21-04-04 (2).jpg

Sep 21, 2019 at 4:32 PM Post #265 of 280
Heh )) It is Sonicast Dirac MK2 rebranding. Available more than year for year for only 55 usd on ebay
s-l1600.jpg

But Dirac availble in "bass: version (MK2) and "natural" (MK2 Plus without mic) options. As far as I understood - it is MK2 (bass) rebranding with mic

Last edited:
Sep 22, 2019 at 9:15 PM Post #266 of 280
Heh )) It is Sonicast Dirac MK2 rebranding. Available more than year for year for only 55 usd on ebay
But Dirac availble in "bass: version (MK2) and "natural" (MK2 Plus without mic) options. As far as I understood - it is MK2 (bass) rebranding with mic

Hi, the driver inside HE100 is an upgrade version from Dirac MK2. HE100 delivers more balanced and detailed sound. It also features some special structures that relieves ear canal pressure and prevents diaphragm distortions in cold weather. Please find more details here: https://www.radsone.com/he100

Sep 23, 2019 at 3:50 AM Post #267 of 280
Hi, the driver inside HE100 is an upgrade version from Dirac MK2. HE100 delivers more balanced and detailed sound. It also features some special structures that relieves ear canal pressure and prevents diaphragm distortions in cold weather. Please find more details here: https://www.radsone.com/he100
Tnks. Is it possible to see frequency response graph, compared with MK2 on same measurement equipment ?

Sep 30, 2019 at 4:37 AM Post #269 of 280
I just wanted to share a few quick thoughts having spent the last couple of days with the HE100's, played exclusively out of their companion product (the ES100).

These are surprisingly great - and not just for the money either. Being a single DD design, I was expecting perhaps uncontrolled bass and some audible distortion / unevenness towards the upper octaves, but these are just so natural-sounding. There's an ever-so-slight mid-bass emphasis that it taut and well-textured, never flabby or boomy. Male vocals are delivered with great timbre and realism, and there's some nice energy in the "air" department with cymbals etc.

Comfort-wise they're pretty spot-on; the in-line mic + controls are a little too high up the cable for my liking - it prevents you from wearing them over-ear...which I would prefer to do with these guys if out walking or running, as there is some cable-noise and microphonics. The shirt-clip is very much required with this being the case.

Asking for replaceable cables at this price isn't exactly realistic, and they feel sturdy enough to stand up to a beating, or being subjected to pockets, gym-bags, or underneath your car seat.

They're not for lovers of out-and-out neutrality, but for the audiophile who's looking for affordable daily drivers that'll deliver endless fatigue-free, coherent listening sessions, the HE100's are a very easy proposition to live with.

My only piece of design feedback: seeing as Earstudio also creates the ES100, they really ought to offer a mic/control-free version of the HE100 seeing as the ES100 already has a mic + cables on-board. This is especially more relevant seeing as many smartphones are moving away from the 3.5mm jack. For less than $200, the two products combined are a value phenomenon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back