New earphones for my MP3 player
Mar 5, 2007 at 7:27 PM Post #16 of 26
IEM have to be sealed...no? cuz if they aren't, you'd hear nothing...
I dont get it, IEM is a new thing, no?
it hasnt been around for more than a year or two.
what did ppl do b4 the invention of the IEM?
I'm not saying IEM are bad or something, I'm just surprised that it's the only thing u guys recommend, is it really THAT good?

Mar 5, 2007 at 7:36 PM Post #17 of 26
For sound sealing, probably the easiest if not the best solution. Since I'm newer generation, I didn't know what they did for sealing back then, but I believe it was just clunky headphones...but that's just my impression. It's hard to seal sound not seal sound as well, you would have to compromise to either or.

Mar 5, 2007 at 7:42 PM Post #18 of 26
I think I'll go for the Ultimate Ears super.fi 5 EB.
looks best built, it seems "Ultimate Ears" is the most experienced IEM company and it is the cheapest multi ellemented earphone.
thanks ppl, u sure helped me a lot...or should i say SHURE helped me a lot
wink.gif

Mar 5, 2007 at 7:44 PM Post #19 of 26
Good choice, you might also want to consider the Super.Fi 5 Pro. When I tried my friend's EB on my iRiver H120, I felt it was too bassy...Pro's were just perfect though, but it depends on your taste of music.

Mar 5, 2007 at 7:58 PM Post #21 of 26
Quote:

IEM have to be sealed...no? cuz if they aren't, you'd hear nothing...
I dont get it, IEM is a new thing, no?

IEMs have been around for ages AFAIK, but they were mostly used in studios and by bands in live gigs and so on... V-Moda isnt exactly IEM, but canalphone with IEM-like rubbertube. Plus its open design (there is an airgrill) so it doesnt isolate outside noises.

Mostly people have used closed headphones for isolation. They sound better overall than IEM, but are clunky compared to them.

Mar 5, 2007 at 8:09 PM Post #23 of 26
Quote:

Originally Posted by ofir-harlev /img/forum/go_quote.gif
so the v-moda isnt a IEM?
does it sound any good?
do earphones sound better than IEM's but isolate poorly?
is that the isuue?
because if it is, i'd rather get the v-moda =\

No, HEADphones (stuff that goes ON your ear) sound generally better than IEMs because of playn physical size. In earphone category there are earbuds, canalphones and IEM, or In Ear Monitors. All earphones have limitations because of small size of driver/"speaker". Im very sure V-Moda dont really stand a change compared to UE's, Westones and Shures, but they are VERY cheap and dont isolate. (which is a good thing this time?) IEMs go deep in your ear and isolates like hell, like earplugs and such. Canalphones dont go that deep, so they dont isolate as much. And open canalphones isolates even less (V-moda and Bose IE for example). Still, they belong in somewhat same category, they are all stuffed in your ear and are held in place (and isolated) by rubbertube or foamplug.

Mar 5, 2007 at 8:18 PM Post #24 of 26
dude i dunno what to do =\
help...
u have the UE iem's which look great, but then u came and said headphones sound better...so what am I paying so much for?
why shouldnt I just buy the sennheiser px-200 and call it a night?
It's cheaper, MUCH cheaper, and from what u say, sounds better.
what should i do?
and where do the v-moda stand here? how good do they sound? and how come it's frequency response is much better than that in the UE's ??

Mar 5, 2007 at 9:38 PM Post #26 of 26
Quote:

Originally Posted by ofir-harlev /img/forum/go_quote.gif
dude i dunno what to do =\
help...
u have the UE iem's which look great, but then u came and said headphones sound better...so what am I paying so much for?
why shouldnt I just buy the sennheiser px-200 and call it a night?
It's cheaper, MUCH cheaper, and from what u say, sounds better.
what should i do?
and where do the v-moda stand here? how good do they sound? and how come it's frequency response is much better than that in the UE's ??

I meant, in same price range fullsize headphone sounds better OVERALL. If you put over 100$ to earphone and headphone, the headphone is technically better one, TECHNICALLY. However, which is truly better depends which sound you like. However, a cheap PX200 (which isnt even a good headphone i heard, atleast its not respected here) doesnt necessarily stand a chance against over 100$ IEM earphone.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back