New Denon DCD-50 desktop-sized CD player/transport component
Jun 5, 2015 at 3:59 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

shuttleboi

100+ Head-Fier
Denon announced a new mini-sized CD player / transport, the DCD-50, that pairs well with their other mini-sized integrated amp, the PMA-50, that was announced a few months ago around December. What Hi-Fi has a report on this pair of components.

The new DCD-50 has a 32-bit/192-kHz DAC, but I do not know if it has digital inputs. The PMA-50 integrated amp definitely has digital inputs.

Here is Denon UK's webpage for the DCD-50. It's also not clear if the DCD-50 is coming to the USA. I really hope so, because these would be great components to put on a computer desk.

Jul 21, 2015 at 8:29 AM Post #2 of 3
Looks an interesting possible replacement for my Marantz CD Receiver.

The amp has a dedicated headphone amp section with selectable impedance.  Also HiRes USB DAC & Aptx bluetooth. Shame the CD player isn't SACD might have been perfect. 

Mar 20, 2017 at 7:29 AM Post #3 of 3
I've been using the DCD-50 as a transport for a few months now, it works beautifully. Excellent little unit.

I once connected it to my amp both directly and indirectly via my Bimby DAC, and switched back and forth between the amp inputs - the built-in DAC is very, very good. There were only subtle differences of low-end weight and slightly more space via the Bimby, but it was very subtle.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back