New Denon AH-P372 first impressions
Jul 18, 2008 at 8:34 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

Forcryingoutloud

New Head-Fier
I've had them for a few days using a Zune and CD player as my source. They are listed as a compact on-ear headphone that folds up. MSRP $59.99

The good:
*Light weight 140g
*Surprising bass and clean highs
*Vocals open/warm-not muffled
*Good noise isolation (couldn't hear my wife yelling at me)
*Carrying pouch/extension cable included (you will need it)
*Quite sensitive-Amp not required like my D5000's

The bad:
*Flimsy construction due to the hinges
*Vice-like clamp on your ears (great for runners)
*Cable very thin and short

Overall, after 5 hours of usage, I'll call them my mini D1000's!

Sep 16, 2008 at 4:53 PM Post #2 of 10
so what headphones are you comparing them against? the Sennheiser PX100/200's? Koss Porta's? and has anyone else, taken the plunge? or are they not selling too well?

Sep 16, 2008 at 9:11 PM Post #3 of 10
I compared them to the ATH-M2X, Yamaha RH2C. And for kicks the Denon AHD1000.

I have yet to see these reviewed anywhere else.

Now that I've had them for 2 months, I'm still surprised how much they block out background noise and are void of that "cupped" sound of cheaper headphones.

Sep 26, 2008 at 9:11 PM Post #5 of 10
Sorry, I haven't tried those other heaphones.

At Guitar Center, I tried several ATH-M series phones, and found them loose fitting compared to the Denon P372. I swear they are designed for joggers!

Maybe, because they fit so tight on your ears, they have really nice bass response. And yes, they do sound at least in the midrange/vocals, like the D1001's.

Nov 14, 2008 at 9:16 AM Post #6 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by Forcryingoutloud /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Sorry, I haven't tried those other heaphones.

At Guitar Center, I tried several ATH-M series phones, and found them loose fitting compared to the Denon P372. I swear they are designed for joggers!

Maybe, because they fit so tight on your ears, they have really nice bass response. And yes, they do sound at least in the midrange/vocals, like the D1001's.

How good this headphone if compare with denon c551?

Jan 21, 2009 at 7:12 PM Post #7 of 10
these seem to be good.i am actually considering buying these. can anyone please tell me whether or not these leak sound? i had auditioned koss portapro's earlier. they seemed to leak a lot of sound. so, do these leak sound too? if so, how much?

Feb 13, 2009 at 1:56 AM Post #8 of 10
I just purchased these. They do sound good. I was pleased with the treble and surprised by the bass. They do clamp firmly on the head.

May 2, 2009 at 3:57 PM Post #9 of 10
I've compared them to the Denon D1001, and they seem to be the little brother of D1001.

Much the same, minus the comfort (over the ears) and sounding a tad bit congested compared to the D1001.
Otherwise, creatures of the same family.

Hope it helps

Users who are viewing this thread

Back