New Denon AH-MM200, AH-MM300, & AH-MM400 Headphones added to the Music Maniac line
Feb 9, 2015 at 7:56 PM Post #31 of 43

Heard AH-MM400 for half an hour in a store today, from my DX90, materials are super nice and I was surprised by the superb comfort, but I found them boomy all over the place. In bassheavy tunes it was much too much for me. I found the mids/treble withdrawn too, so overall quite muddled (all IMO of course). I love bass, but coming from SE846 this was a BIG step in the very wrong direction for me. IMO SE846 goes lower and more importantly are not boomy, although they are double the price I did'nt expect the MM400 to be that much behind.

Well, I'm a super anti-basshead, so after reading your impression it seems that the MM400 will be out of my list. Shame though, since the design and presentation of the cans is super nice, me very likey.

Feb 10, 2015 at 1:35 AM Post #32 of 43
I agree and I really wanted to like them, even considered still buying them although I was disapointed in the sound. 

But please dont put too much weight on my impression, I am a complete novice, I have very little experience in over ear headphones (but I think I liked i.e. the DT770 much better), coming from SE846 may be totally unfair, and they might gain a lot from burn in. And my ears may be broken.

Myself will wait for some more impressions, but I believe I've read the same in the only real review of them here on head-fi, however the reviewer was less bothered by it than I was.

To me, they sounded like I would have expected Beats to sound (which I've never heard).

Feb 10, 2015 at 3:12 AM Post #33 of 43

. . . But please dont put too much weight on my impression . . . 

Nah, your impression is fine
wink_face.gif
, since it seems that the MM400 is really quite bassy. It's just me that really hate bass quantity, like the ATH M50x or MDR 1A. Hell, even I gave up my MSR-7 because I feel it still have too much bass. Now I'm rocking on Beyer T70 and that is the level of my enjoyable bass quantity 
L3000.gif

Oh, and of course we'll have to wait for more people who have listened to MM400 to give more impressions, especially after burn in and such, but I'm not too optimistic. 

Feb 10, 2015 at 9:01 AM Post #34 of 43
Well, I like bass... :)
But I'm not willing to spend the full $400... at least not now.

Feb 10, 2015 at 3:52 PM Post #35 of 43
  Nah, your impression is fine
wink_face.gif
, since it seems that the MM400 is really quite bassy. It's just me that really hate bass quantity, like the ATH M50x or MDR 1A. Hell, even I gave up my MSR-7 because I feel it still have too much bass. Now I'm rocking on Beyer T70 and that is the level of my enjoyable bass quantity 
L3000.gif

Oh, and of course we'll have to wait for more people who have listened to MM400 to give more impressions, especially after burn in and such, but I'm not too optimistic. 

I heard the MM400 a few weeks ago and I would consider them somewhat bassy as well. I liked them but they might not be for you. I thought the were smooth sounding with nice materials and design.

Mar 7, 2015 at 6:34 AM Post #37 of 43
Mar 9, 2015 at 9:13 AM Post #38 of 43
Not really related to the headphones themselves,  merely an observation

Why do companies have to use other brands model numbers. I'm interested in Sennheiser MM400 X aptx BT headphones which have been made for year. Searched the forums,and find Denon have come along using MM400 as well !  Same as some of these chinese brands using the MX prefix on their earbuds. Confusing and unoriginal. Mind you Grado copied Phiaton with PS500.

What was wrong with AH-DXXX Denon have been using all these years ?

Mar 9, 2015 at 12:54 PM Post #39 of 43
Different purpose than the Dxx, but yeah, I get your point.

Jun 22, 2015 at 2:39 AM Post #40 of 43
The mm200 was on sale for almost a week on Amazon Italy.
Still can't find much reviews about this series but at the end, the price dropped under 130€... so I decided to give them a try. :/

Dec 12, 2015 at 4:10 AM Post #41 of 43
The mm200 was on sale for almost a week on Amazon Italy.
Still can't find much reviews about this series but at the end, the price dropped under 130€... so I decided to give them a try. :/

Hope you can give us your impressions. I'm interested in these as well. The white looks great.

Sep 29, 2016 at 8:39 AM Post #43 of 43
Denon AH-MM200

I have this headphones for about one month.

I use them with Fiio x1 (without amp is just fine), on laptop with Behringher MA400 amp, iPhone 6 with Fiio A1 amp.

Build Quality – I give them 4/5

These cans are made from brushed aluminium design and fiber glass they have a premium feel and a solid build.

The ear cups have a little raddle but nothing extreme.

They have exposed cables on ear cups, but this is rapped in a nylon like material wich is a nice addintion in long term used  both for styling and protection of cables.

Headband is pretty confortable with a fair amount of padding, verry confortable after one hour (it does need some accomodation but that is just because on ear design), i would like to have more clamping  force, but i think this depends on each person. In my case the fall pretty easy.

Earcups are nice, good quality foam and synthetic leather. I still don’t know if the ear cushions are replacebale, but i emailed Denon today, hope to get an answer soon.

They also have a 15-ish degree rotation, wich is good for fitting.

These cans also fold and they get much smaller, a good feature for transport, in the package i found a nice carrying case, wich has a nice build quality.

Cables- are good quality but i really don’t like the remote on iphone cables* it seems kinda cheap where remote palstic is (on the other side is verry good quality aluminium with Denon logo).

Another „problem”  in this area is the oval headphone jack – at first use i had sound just in left side – turned out that the cable i didn’t push the cable all the way up in the oval jack. After properly insertion sound was ok, not faded like before.

Microphone- for calls work fine on laptop and on iphone. General good call quality.

Now the most important aspect: Sound

It’s a known fact that same pair of headphones sound different in each person’s opinios so this is only my opinion.

I really like Denon’s signature, the sound is flat tuned, with nice base, tight and clear, the mediums  and highs are natural.

I tested this on various type of music, from Tiesto to Classical music, and some movies.

They didn’t dissapoint, and sound pretty good for this price range.

I also tested with Chesky records - The Ultimate Demonstration Disc, in FLAC format, and the sound was verry good, warm and ballanced. They have less bass than Ath m50x wich is my primary set of headphones.

According to manufacturer they have 36 ohms impedance and at first glance these heaphones don’t neccesary need an amp, but it’s a nice addition in sound fullness.

The drivers are only 30 mm, but again this didn’t affect sound quality, the freqvency range is between  10-25000 (Hz).

About burning in – i let them play at medium volume for 15 hours and then at semi-high volume for another 15 hours varoious albums, with some pink and white noise between, i cannot tell there is a big difference in sound, but i still belive this is too early to asume any major changes.

Sound leakage is minimal, on medium volume, on high volumes is present but nothing too big.

Sound isolation from outside is decent.

No distorsions even at high volumes.

Soundstage- It’s ok not verry big but surely present.

Overall i really like  these headphones as my on the go cans, pretty small but nice sound, good build quallity, nice sound isolation, microphone added for calls. What i didn’t like is the fact that they can fall.

*remote supports all iphone commands as orignal i didn’t tested on android devices.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back