New Cynic album...
Aug 7, 2008 at 2:45 AM Post #2 of 14
When I heard about the coming new album so many months ago I was skeptical, but here we are. Best thing to happen to metal in a while.

Aug 7, 2008 at 7:29 AM Post #4 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by ezkcdude /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Can't stand the robot vox. Hopefully, they got rid of that.

LOL then you better not get the new album, cause all indications are that Masvidal's robot vocals are the focus of the album and the death vox will be weak.

Aug 7, 2008 at 4:30 PM Post #6 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by asmox /img/forum/go_quote.gif
BLABBERMOUTH.NET - CYNIC: New Album Title, Release Date Revealed

Fifteen years and we're getting 35 minutes of new music?

Failures.

I'm excited though ;p

If the 35 mins of music is good, then rock and roll.
smile.gif

I never really thought much about the vocals when compared to the instrumentation, interesting comment on those.

Aug 7, 2008 at 4:30 PM Post #7 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by ZackP /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Cynic is horribly overrated.

How d'you figure?

Also, robot vocals FTW.

Aug 7, 2008 at 6:06 PM Post #9 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by monolith /img/forum/go_quote.gif
How d'you figure?

Also, robot vocals FTW.

They aren't that good, and hell, they released only one full length, and a few demos.

Aug 7, 2008 at 7:10 PM Post #11 of 14
Quote:

They aren't that good, and hell, they released only one full length, and a few demos.

The number of releases is irrelevant of course.

They certainly are extremely good though. Their members going over to Death even turned out the best Death album.

Aug 7, 2008 at 9:19 PM Post #12 of 14
Quote:

Cynic is horribly overrated.

Overrated by whom and following what standards? I just think they're a good band that put out an exceptional album which has consistently stayed in my listening rotation for many years, and I'm glad that they're finally getting around to putting out another one.

IMO, overrated is a horribly overrated word.

Aug 8, 2008 at 1:26 AM Post #13 of 14
Lol, the robot vocals were weird at first, but it sinks in after a bit.

Thing I like about their album Focus is that there's just so much to hear. Virtually everytime I listen to this album I hear something new that I completely missed before. I also find their music strangely relaxing, sort of like spacey, odd psychedelic vibe to it.

Hope the new album builds on this aspect of the music but still retain underlying technical metal foundations.

Aug 8, 2008 at 2:08 AM Post #14 of 14
Those expecting Atheist when they got Focus will certainly be disappointed by stuff like the robot vocals and the lack of that death metal aggression. But I love that album because it's different, original and one of the few classy technical albums.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back