New Custom-to-Universal IEMs: InEar StageDiver 2/3
Jul 7, 2014 at 4:08 PM Post #932 of 1,401
Very nice!

Had a cheap laugh today.  Amp3 had a box opened sd2 for £5 more than a new unopened (not in stock) one :)

Jul 9, 2014 at 10:41 AM Post #934 of 1,401
  I'm just gonna leave these here.

Thats a very nice looking cable there bud!! is it good and light for use? I might be tempted to pick one up for myself!

ps thats the most green Ive ever seen on a stagediver cable
biggrin.gif

Jul 9, 2014 at 4:06 PM Post #935 of 1,401
That green cable has brought up to my attention the inevitable need to change my SD-2 cable unless I want it to stay that color... If only it werent so hard to take the cable out haha. Kept thinking I would break the shell so I stopped trying. Maybe I could get a replacement SD-2? Never had an earphone that was so hard to get the cable out.

Jul 9, 2014 at 4:22 PM Post #936 of 1,401
  That green cable has brought up to my attention the inevitable need to change my SD-2 cable unless I want it to stay that color... If only it werent so hard to take the cable out haha. Kept thinking I would break the shell so I stopped trying. Maybe I could get a replacement SD-2? Never had an earphone that was so hard to get the cable out.

I too had a hard time removing the stock cable,inear told me they have it extra tight so musicians have no chance of losing connection on stage,they told me to wiggle it a small bit as you are trying to pull it out.. Eventually I removed it bit by bit,and now have a cable with the barrel style connectors on my sd2,I think the pin receivers may be a tiny bit more recessed than other models and its quite hard to get a good grip on the stock connector when removing the cable..

Jul 9, 2014 at 4:24 PM Post #937 of 1,401
  I too had a hard time removing the stock cable,inear told me they have it extra tight so musicians have no chance of losing connection on stage,they told me to wiggle it a small bit as you are trying to pull it out.. Eventually I removed it bit by bit,and now have a cable with the barrel style connectors on my sd2,I think the pin receivers may be a tiny bit more recessed than other models and its quite hard to get a good grip on the stock connector when removing the cable..

Yeah that's how I removed mine when I replaced it. It works but it needs a bit of patience.

Jul 9, 2014 at 4:38 PM Post #938 of 1,401
  Thats a very nice looking cable there bud!! is it good and light for use? I might be tempted to pick one up for myself!

ps thats the most green Ive ever seen on a stagediver cable
biggrin.gif

I think it's perfect in terms of ergonomics, hated that flimsy P.O.S that InEar supplied. Won't comment to much on sound since i haven't had them playing for that long. I'll give an update i a month or two.

Sure, they sit rather snugly but not that snugly. If you break the shell when pulling out the connector I'll personally send you a (by me) signed copy of "Best Love Songs Ever" to compensate/help you with your loss. I'll even toss in a poem if you'd like

Aug 10, 2014 at 9:58 AM Post #941 of 1,401
I'm looking to buy some new IEM's.  Very curious about the SD-3 but also cautious as it seems a few people have sold theirs on.

I've narrowed my buying choices down to either the Westone W30/40 or UM Pro 50, Fischer Amps FA-4E or Audiofly AF180.

Now I gather there is a bit of a difference in sound sigs across these iem's but wondering if anybody has been able to compare any of them to the SD3.

Aug 10, 2014 at 10:12 AM Post #942 of 1,401
I'm looking to buy some new IEM's.  Very curious about the SD-3 but also cautious as it seems a few people have sold theirs on.

I've narrowed my buying choices down to either the Westone W30/40 or UM Pro 50, Fischer Amps FA-4E or Audiofly AF180.

Now I gather there is a bit of a difference in sound sigs across these iem's but wondering if anybody has been able to compare any of them to the SD3.

I for one hated the W4R (wich is identical to the W40) so i got the SD-2s to replace them and boi are they worth the price, they better the W4 in every way and are miles ahead in terms of build.
The SD-3's are very warmly signatured and a bass monster. The SD-2's are more neuturally tuned but still with a touch of warmth.

Aug 10, 2014 at 12:04 PM Post #943 of 1,401

Thomann.de have a decent returns, even on iems.  So you could try the sd3 or fa4 and take it from there.

Aug 10, 2014 at 6:23 PM Post #945 of 1,401
Or you could be like me.  Instead of the SD-3, get the Aurisonics ASG-2 for bass and tunable port in case there's too much then, get the InEar SD-2 for a neutral monitor 
beyersmile.png
 Perfect balance between the competitors haha.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back