New Custom-to-Universal IEMs: InEar StageDiver 2/3
Apr 18, 2014 at 6:58 AM Post #811 of 1,401
  Uhm... guys , where is your reviews ?
tongue_smile.gif

Just a little reminder , 'cuz we are really interested

I'll get to it after my X5 review is published. And since i still haven't got a X5 that would delay it another 1½ months. 

Apr 18, 2014 at 10:56 AM Post #812 of 1,401
  I'll get to it after my X5 review is published. And since i still haven't got a X5 that would delay it another 1½ months. 

Glad to know when to expect :D

Apr 18, 2014 at 3:34 PM Post #813 of 1,401
I received these little beauties in the post yesterday evening.. thought i would share a pic,initial impressions are very positive using it with my dx50 (waiting for dx90 to arrive still)... I was very apprehensive about buying these,mainly due to the fit but i have to say these are possibly the best fitting universal iem which i have had to date and provide great isolation. Ive listened to these for a couple of hours,not a hint of sibulance or harshness.. gonna give them some more time to burn in :) Ive had a set of T10 and Noble 4 but this is my new fav iem (for now 
biggrin.gif
)

Apr 18, 2014 at 3:59 PM Post #815 of 1,401
yep..much better than the stock tips..people have already alluded to the ortofon tips on this thread in the past..and right they were..

Apr 18, 2014 at 9:58 PM Post #816 of 1,401
  yep..much better than the stock tips..people have already alluded to the ortofon tips on this thread in the past..and right they were..

I received these little beauties in the post yesterday evening.. thought i would share a pic,initial impressions are very positive using it with my dx50 (waiting for dx90 to arrive still)... I was very apprehensive about buying these,mainly due to the fit but i have to say these are possibly the best fitting universal iem which i have had to date and provide great isolation. Ive listened to these for a couple of hours,not a hint of sibulance or harshness.. gonna give them some more time to burn in :) Ive had a set of T10 and Noble 4 but this is my new fav iem (for now 
biggrin.gif
)

Gonna be costly if shipping them **** to my country , do you guys have any other good recommendation ?
@rookie2009 if you are to post more impressions , please add some pics along , I never get enough of those precious
Also , careful with reflection on that pic next time , it gave a brown tint to them precious

btw , typo way up there ^

Apr 18, 2014 at 10:14 PM Post #817 of 1,401
Gonna be costly if shipping them **** to my country , do you guys have any other good recommendation ?

@rookie2009 if you are to post more impressions , please add some pics along , I never get enough of those precious

Also , careful with reflection on that pic next time , it gave a brown tint to them precious

btw , typo way up there ^

I don't think I proclaimed to be much of a photographer lol..but errr thanks for the tips..

Apr 18, 2014 at 10:28 PM Post #818 of 1,401
lol I don't even have a camera . I just noticed that brown tint gave a false impression of our black gem , thought I should remind you of that

Apr 19, 2014 at 1:47 PM Post #819 of 1,401
Anyone know where I could audition a pair of SD-2 in the US?

Apr 19, 2014 at 10:46 PM Post #821 of 1,401

The only retailer I know is ALO, so you may want to contact them and see if they do some sort of demo program (unless you live in or near Portland where they are located).  I too want to audition the SD-2 hehe

You might try to contact with http://www.otojoyiem.com/ , I heard they sell some demos SD-2 SD3 with reduced price , so they may let you audition

Apr 20, 2014 at 9:48 AM Post #822 of 1,401
biggrin.gif
)

Rookie, How do you find your SD2's with metal and rock? I've not long purchased the SD3's (also using a dx50) but find if I don't eq them to reduce the low end by about 3db in rockbox, they swamp most of my music with bass. I'm in two minds about returning them for the sd2's.

And to those using the ortofon tips with the sd3's what effect have they had the sound for you? Do the help prevent the bass bleeding into the midrange?

Cheers.

Apr 20, 2014 at 10:33 AM Post #823 of 1,401
Also want to know how ortofon tips affect SD2 sound ?
btw , Rookie how do you think SD2 fair with Noble 4 ?

Apr 20, 2014 at 10:58 AM Post #824 of 1,401
Hi Gitbags,

I have had limited listening with the sd2's and my dx50 as I have just sold the dx50 in the last couple of days so had to delete all my music from it and i still await ems to deliver my dx90.. The amount of bass in the sd3 was the main reason why i choose the sd2 as my purchase.. The sd2 to me are very clear and with good separation,from the few bits of hard rock i have listened to the vocals are the most forward to my ear followed by the bass and then guitars are slightly masked by these two.. I would appreciate more extension in the highs personally from the sd2,this was an area where the noble 4 outdone the sd2 in my opinion.. However the quality of the bass on the sd2 is great,well controlled and tight.. They are fine with rock and metal but i would rather they were a bit more lively and had some more sparkle in the top end... On the flip side,i was listening to some classical music on them and it sounded spectacular..

I will try to report back with more thoughts once i get more extended listening when the dx90 arrives..I hope rockbox is available for it soon like the dx50,i had rockbox on the dx50 and its a great improvement on the device..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back