New Custom-to-Universal IEMs: InEar StageDiver 2/3
Apr 1, 2014 at 6:34 PM Post #706 of 1,401
Bog-standard morning for me.

Ever since i got the ortofon tips i find my self pairing up the SD-2:s with the E12 a lot more than i used to. 
Amping up the SD-2:s with E12 extends the bass response quite a bit and picks up where the X3 is lacking (i.e extension and smoothness).
Just wish i had a X5 to get all of those lovely details as well.

Bro, that hulk cable u got there is outta control lol. Mine is just starting to get green too lol. Too bad didnt have the option to get the monitors with the black cable instead of the stock silver

Apr 3, 2014 at 10:52 AM Post #707 of 1,401
Guys ,I want to ask if I change the SD2's jack with something like these , does it affect the sound or quality at all  (I want straight plug) ?

And looking at 2 pictures up there ,it quite upset me , the cable  will also turn green like that of Shure 535 :frowning2: ? Is there any way to prevent this  ?? This will be the huge put off for me to pull the trigger ..
frown.gif

Ah , more investigation confirms that all copper cable will eventually turn green , I knew this but I just hope that ppl already have some way to prevent this from occurring . And to be fair if the cable turn green all the way like in the last pic , it doesn't so terrible at all , in fact , it's kind of cool =)) LOL . Still , I dig the silver look much much much more , is there any how to prevent ?

Apr 3, 2014 at 11:23 AM Post #708 of 1,401
  Guys ,I want to ask if I change the SD2's jack with something like these , does it affect the sound or quality at all  (I want straight plug) ?

And looking at 2 pictures up there ,it quite upset me , the cable  will also turn green like that of Shure 535 :frowning2: ? Is there any way to prevent this  ?? This will be the huge put off for me to pull the trigger ..
frown.gif

Ah , more investigation confirms that all copper cable will eventually turn green , I knew this but I just hope that ppl already have some way to prevent this from occurring . And to be fair if the cable turn green all the way like in the last pic , it doesn't so terrible at all , in fact , it's kind of cool =)) LOL . Still , I dig the silver look much much much more , is there any how to prevent ?

Upset? Let me chuckle. There is NO clear coated cable in existence that wont ever oxidize (deal with it 
cool.gif
). Stock cables are inherently ****, they are made to be cheap as nails and are not meant to be great looking. InEar does sell a black cable that won't show the effects of oxidization. There is NO WAY to fully prevent oxidization, you can mask it or you can use thicker and better sheathing to slow down the effect dramatically but it will still oxidize in due time.

So to your question regarding swapping plugs. Of course you can swap the connector! Why shouldn't you be able to? There is no voodoo magic preventing any unworthy from tampering with it. No it does not affect the sound to any degree mentionable. 

Apr 3, 2014 at 11:27 AM Post #709 of 1,401
Well I'd like to better understand the matter so detailed explanation please , if you dont mind :D
Thanks in advance !

Apr 3, 2014 at 12:00 PM Post #710 of 1,401
Thanks for your reply , now I can feel safe replacing that ugly plug :)) . So , Inear SELLs another cable instead of giving me the choice to choose the black one in the first place ? That sucks, I will have to venture into these cable property to learn more about them , If I have to pay for it , I want to know more about other choices .
And , all of the white cables in this will eventually go green ? :)) They cost a lot and still cant avoid discoloration , what the point then ?
http://www.head-fi.org/t/564978/19-custom-iem-tf10-shure-ie8-cables-reviewed-effect-pearl-apollo-odin-added-3-20-13
I noted that on thoman.de there are different version of SD2,3 for example SD3 , SD3-S ,SD3 B Stock in different price , while SD2 and SD2Bstock cost the same , any one can explain ?
Also there is SD1 , has any one here tried it or heard any thing about it ?
http://www.thomann.de/gb/search.html?KF=on&gk=paieih&oa=ala&bn=InEar&pr=&wgfid1=8379&wgf8379=&wgfid2=8380&wgf8380=&wgfid3=8382&wgf8382=&wgfid4=8381&wgf8381=&wgfid5=8383&wgf8383=&wgfid6=8384&wgf8384=

Apr 3, 2014 at 12:13 PM Post #711 of 1,401
B-Stock is a sales term. 

A-Stock is all of the new unused and unopened stuff.  
B-Stock is everything that gets returned, has some sort of defect but is still good enough for resale.

Yes, all of those cables will turn green with time. There's no stopping mother nature. When talking about custom cables you pay for the craftsmanship, better connectors, cable material (high purity silver or copper with some plating's). Those are meant to be cables not some shoe cord that gets tossed in a box to just work and nothing more.  

The SD-XS series are supposed to be smaller in size compared to the regular SD-X series.

Apr 3, 2014 at 12:56 PM Post #712 of 1,401
What hasn't been commented on is that there is now a "s" size for those with smaller ears! 

Apr 3, 2014 at 2:11 PM Post #714 of 1,401
Guys

Just wondering have any owners of the sd2 model ever heard the noble 4 as well? any comparison at all would be much appreciated..

Cheers

Apr 4, 2014 at 12:27 AM Post #716 of 1,401
And that's why I'd like to look for other cables to buy if I dont have the option to replace with the black one in the 1st place , are they looking for even more profit ? I'd rather have the choice of different colors and quality than going through the period the cable gradually turns , though that will require much more reading to find the good cable without changing the sound in a bad way . Do you have any suggestion for SD2 or what kind of cable should I looking for so as not to change its SQ or improve its bass without sacrifice quality of other spectrum ? (I'm newbie on this, my request might sound absurd , but just say what you want and have time to)

Do you recommend SD2 for a bright-ish DAP like ZX1 or has others better choice in mind (same or under price range of SD2)
Are the Inear filter sets mandatory to buy ? I mean can the stock filter last , SD2 already punches through my initial budget , I'm not willing to spend any extra more
And how can you tell the size of your ear , does height affect this aspect , says if I have ears look relatively slightly big compared to my head , but I am a short Asian guy (about 1,65m) , does that means my ears are actually on the small range

Sorry for asking so many questions , just take your time and reply when you feel like to

I see thoman.de has got lots of negative reviews on this site so I think I should mention
http://www.ciao.co.uk/Reviews/Thomann_de__6765368

Apr 4, 2014 at 1:26 AM Post #717 of 1,401
And that's why I'd like to look for other cables to buy if I dont have the option to replace with the black one in the 1st place , are they looking for even more profit ? I'd rather have the choice of different colors and quality than going through the period the cable gradually turns , though that will require much more reading to find the good cable without changing the sound in a bad way . Do you have any suggestion for SD2 or what kind of cable should I looking for so as not to change its SQ or improve its bass without sacrifice quality of other spectrum ? (I'm newbie on this, my request might sound absurd , but just say what you want and have time to)

Do you recommend SD2 for a bright-ish DAP like ZX1 or has others better choice in mind (same or under price range of SD2)
Are the Inear filter sets mandatory to buy ? I mean can the stock filter last , SD2 already punches through my initial budget , I'm not willing to spend any extra more
And how can you tell the size of your ear , does height affect this aspect , says if I have ears look relatively slightly big compared to my head , but I am a short Asian guy (about 1,65m) , does that means my ears are actually on the small range

Sorry for asking so many questions , just take your time and reply when you feel like to

I see thoman.de has got lots of negative reviews on this site so I think I should mention

Dont worry about fit, im asian too and it fits beautifully, also fits the wife's smaller ears

Apr 4, 2014 at 1:33 AM Post #718 of 1,401
Well , this seems exactly what I have been looking for so far ! Is yours X or S model as mentioned by skalkman here ?
  The SD-XS series are supposed to be smaller in size compared to the regular SD-X series.

Apr 4, 2014 at 2:49 AM Post #720 of 1,401

I am not really well versed on how cables affect sound quality but I bought a replacement cable a few weeks back from the custom art and it has yet to show any signs of turning colour even though it goes to the gym with me and spent a week in the Lake District and has been worn daily. The original (though not as green as skalkman's) was showing signs of green from the second week. I couldn't say if the new cable sounds better but it does not sound worse. Many skalkman included have suggested that a silver cable improves the sound and it is on my wish list but for the time being I am enjoying my SD2 too much to worry making them better.

Fit is fine I am only 1.64 they fit perfectly. They are not the new S model either they are the normal SD2.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back