New Custom-to-Universal IEMs: InEar StageDiver 2/3
Mar 7, 2014 at 3:23 AM Post #620 of 1,401
It's a few day now and I'm preferring the SD3 with my AK240. The Sennheiser IE800's are moving towards the drawer. Or the FS forum. StageDiver's really are a beautiful series.

Mar 7, 2014 at 4:32 AM Post #621 of 1,401
The SD3 is one hell of an IEM, and as an EDM lover, it fills my needs like non before..the performance is bliss.
Pairing it with my portable setup it brings me wide smile every time. People will be looking at me like a weirdo smiling all by myself when the bass hits. But:

A HAPPY WEIRDO!!!! 

Mar 7, 2014 at 9:53 AM Post #622 of 1,401
I've tried to get some news from Marco about the SD4.
It seems that, because of the popularity of the SD 2+3, the proposed 4 is still in the process of development. Good news is that, within a week or so, a special limited edition of the StageDiver with wood veneer will be showing (at the Prolight&Sound). Marco sent me this picture.

I still prefer the cool black look-but these guys know their style so I bet the wood veneer will be a knockout to see. The, final, hint to me was that the SD4 will be a few months away.

Mar 7, 2014 at 10:20 AM Post #623 of 1,401
I've tried to get some news from Marco about the SD4.
It seems that, because of the popularity of the SD 2+3, the proposed 4 is still in the process of development. Good news is that, within a week or so, a special limited edition of the StageDiver with wood veneer will be showing (at the Prolight&Sound). Marco sent me this picture.

I still prefer the cool black look-but these guys know their style so I bet the wood veneer will be a knockout to see. The, final, hint to me was that the SD4 will be a few months away.

Those look snazzy... But yeah, prefer the jet black shell... I call em those lovely black diamonds hahah

Talking bout the sd4, wonder hows the arrangement of the drivers. The only thing i would wanna improve is probably a lil more treble.. Just a tad

Mar 7, 2014 at 11:40 AM Post #624 of 1,401
I'm just guessing, but with the StageDiver Series being based on the InEar CIEM LivePro Series it will probably sound something like, or exactly like, the LivePro4 -
'With 4 drivers per ear, which are fueled by a 3-way crossover, the LivePRO offers 4 huge reserves in the bass response, linear midrange and resolution levels. The perfect Abbbildung of frequencies and space offer musicians, sound engineers and hi-fi connoisseurs a sound experience of a special kind low and high frequencies are easily stressed.'

Have to point out that the above is a Google translation of the InEar page which is in German. Have a look for yourselves on -
http://www.inear-monitoring.eu/de/produkte/inear-monitoring/livepro-serie.htm
Can't wait to hear what a perfect 'Abbbildung' sounds like. Sorry InEar but it's a word that that blooming Google translator can't cope with
beyersmile.png

Mar 7, 2014 at 12:56 PM Post #625 of 1,401
  I'm just guessing, but with the StageDiver Series being based on the InEar CIEM LivePro Series it will probably sound something like, or exactly like, the LivePro4 -
'With 4 drivers per ear, which are fueled by a 3-way crossover, the LivePRO offers 4 huge reserves in the bass response, linear midrange and resolution levels. The perfect Abbbildung of frequencies and space offer musicians, sound engineers and hi-fi connoisseurs a sound experience of a special kind low and high frequencies are easily stressed.'

Have to point out that the above is a Google translation of the InEar page which is in German. Have a look for yourselves on -
http://www.inear-monitoring.eu/de/produkte/inear-monitoring/livepro-serie.htm
Can't wait to hear what a perfect 'Abbbildung' sounds like. Sorry InEar but it's a word that that blooming Google translator can't cope with
beyersmile.png

At a guess it could be abiding as in "The perfect Abiding of frequencies and space offer musicians, sound engineers and hi-fi connoisseurs a sound experience of..."   Any other guesses?

Been close to ordering the 2 a couple of times this week but still not pulled the trigger.

Mar 7, 2014 at 1:20 PM Post #626 of 1,401
All I can say is that I did the same with the SD3. For me the 'problem' was that it seemed to be, potentially, the Head-Fi 'flavour of the month' at that time and I didn't want to buy an iem without more general/published reviews.
I was still worried and bought from a retailer with a solid (long) return period. I was pleasantly surprised - I loved it - and compared the SD3 to my Beyerdynamic T5p in its sound and build quality. Yes, I know, you can't compare Headphones with Earphones fairly, but it was a very pleasant surprise.

Mar 7, 2014 at 4:15 PM Post #627 of 1,401
Hey guys. I'm thinking about investing in the SD-2 in a week or so, and I and wanted to know if anyone is driving these IEMs with a mobile phone. My main source is the nexus 5 (I know it is not a good source), but it is convenient. I an coming from UE900 and Ety HF-2 and I love the fairly neutral sound signature of both the IEMs. After reading few of the reviews for the SD-2 I believe this is a step in the right direction from the other two IEMs. I mostly listen to electronic music; Ott, carbon based lifeforms, workbench, etc. What r your guys opinions? Should I get the SD-2s? They are ~$450.

Mar 7, 2014 at 5:11 PM Post #628 of 1,401
  All I can say is that I did the same with the SD3. For me the 'problem' was that it seemed to be, potentially, the Head-Fi 'flavour of the month' at that time and I didn't want to buy an iem without more general/published reviews.
I was still worried and bought from a retailer with a solid (long) return period. I was pleasantly surprised - I loved it - and compared the SD3 to my Beyerdynamic T5p in its sound and build quality. Yes, I know, you can't compare Headphones with Earphones fairly, but it was a very pleasant surprise.

Would that be thomann by chance?

Thanks

Mar 7, 2014 at 6:07 PM Post #629 of 1,401
Thomann have both SD2+3's (and 1's) as 'B' stock. 'B' stock has full warranty I gather.
They have 30 day return period.

Mar 7, 2014 at 7:02 PM Post #630 of 1,401
Hey guys. I'm thinking about investing in the SD-2 in a week or so, and I and wanted to know if anyone is driving these IEMs with a mobile phone. My main source is the nexus 5 (I know it is not a good source), but it is convenient. I an coming from UE900 and Ety HF-2 and I love the fairly neutral sound signature of both the IEMs. After reading few of the reviews for the SD-2 I believe this is a step in the right direction from the other two IEMs. I mostly listen to electronic music; Ott, carbon based lifeforms, workbench, etc. What r your guys opinions? Should I get the SD-2s? They are ~$450.

EDM? I highly recommend the SD3 as it is actually conceived for electronic music and as R. Skin said it is actually unfair to conpare iems and headphones BUT since the sd3 my hd600 is looking sad on its stand as i havent been able to use it.

I said it before and i will say it again, the sd3 thumps the hd600.. All in my honest opinion

Users who are viewing this thread

Back