New Custom-to-Universal IEMs: InEar StageDiver 2/3
Feb 22, 2014 at 2:37 PM Post #587 of 1,401
Hi guys, anyone know if the Cosmic Ears cables will fit the SD2? I would like to buy a pair to keep as a spare just in case (I got a tendency on breaking earphone cables) but I would like to make sure that the plugs are the same. Thanks

They do fit, however the angle of the plugs may be too sharp for the cable to clear your ears.

Feb 22, 2014 at 4:53 PM Post #589 of 1,401
  Thanks, is the angle pointing backwards am assuming? There is plenty of space there i think! I am just a bit worried from all the stories about cable oxidisation. 

I'll try to show you what i mean.

The objects shown are the plugs used by Cosmic Ears scaled to size.

The RED object is where the plug will go if you use those kind of plugs with the SD-2:s. The GREEN object is placed at a more optimal position for an angled plug, which is a more common with CIEM:s.

Feb 22, 2014 at 6:24 PM Post #590 of 1,401
Thanks for taking the time! I get it now, somehow stupidly enough I couldn't visualise it. Thanks again, will have to keep hunting for some straight cables otherwise it is inears own if mine start getting green :)

Feb 22, 2014 at 6:32 PM Post #591 of 1,401
  Thanks for taking the time! I get it now, somehow stupidly enough I couldn't visualise it. Thanks again, will have to keep hunting for some straight cables otherwise it is inears own if mine start getting green :)

FiiO does make a replacement cable with slightly kinked plugs for IEM:s using the normal 2pin style in a recessed socket (i.e Westone plugs). Looks like something that might just work with the SD:s.

http://fiio.net/products/index.aspx?ID=100000042938762&MenuID=105026014

Feb 22, 2014 at 6:53 PM Post #593 of 1,401
  Thanks stumbled upon those cables as well :) They look pretty decent and I have found a UK dealer that sells them. Worth a go I guess.

I would still recommend a cable using straight plugs. You could try the Heir Audio Magnus 1 if your wallet allows for the bump in price. 
http://www.heiraudio.com/Accessories.html#Magnus1Cable

Or you could try any cable with straight connectors from here:
http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_trksid=p2050601.m570.l1313.TR3.TRC2.A0.H0.Xwestone+4r+cable&_nkw=westone+4r+cable&_sacat=0&_from=R40

(yes, it does say Westone 4R. They use the same kind of connectors so you'll be fine.)

Feb 24, 2014 at 3:18 AM Post #596 of 1,401

Edit never post before your second coffee of the day :)

Feb 24, 2014 at 3:41 PM Post #598 of 1,401
I was trying to skip importing from the states but some of those cables look fantastic :) Maybe a small birthday gift from Ted's ? :D 

Skalkman how long have you had them for? Are you planning on changing your cable soon? And excuse the ignorance but what's the player? 

Feb 24, 2014 at 3:56 PM Post #599 of 1,401
  I was trying to skip importing from the states but some of those cables look fantastic :) Maybe a small birthday gift from Ted's ? :D 

Skalkman how long have you had them for? Are you planning on changing your cable soon? And excuse the ignorance but what's the player? 

Looks like the fiio x3 to me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back