New Custom-to-Universal IEMs: InEar StageDiver 2/3
Feb 15, 2014 at 12:55 AM Post #571 of 1,401
Thanks skalkman. It's great to have a musicians view. I'm not a musician, but it was the quality of the drums that really struck me first of all with my SD3's.

Feb 15, 2014 at 2:57 PM Post #572 of 1,401
@skalkman Nice impressions thanks, I agree you can feel the drums, a great soundstage and also a good fit for me, I really use a lot the SD3, too much 
wink.gif

Feb 15, 2014 at 5:15 PM Post #573 of 1,401
I got mine yesterday changing them from a pair of RE400 that broke twice. I only have one word for the sound from them : addictive. Detailed enough without being grinding, bass is plentifull and tight and there is a sweetness to the sound that make me wanting to go through my whole collection just with the SD2. Fantastic earphone. I do have two questions though:

1. The pelican case is massive, does anyone know of a high quality but smaller ( more portable ) case ?

2. Considering an X5 as I am not big fan of my iPhone's sound. Do you think it will be a good pairing?

Feb 15, 2014 at 8:29 PM Post #574 of 1,401
Have bought the SD-3 somtime ago, but failed to like it. The presentation lives up to its name: it's really a "stage" diver. Bass has a strong presence, highs are smoothened to a degree that I cannot find it neutral. Mids are upfront and frankly I'm not a mid-centric guy. 

One very good thing about the SD-3s was its fit- its nearly perfect.

After reading this post further, realised that perhaps the SD-2 would be better for me. 

Feb 15, 2014 at 9:36 PM Post #575 of 1,401
Have bought the SD-3 somtime ago, but failed to like it. The presentation lives up to its name: it's really a "stage" diver. Bass has a strong presence, highs are smoothened to a degree that I cannot find it neutral. Mids are upfront and frankly I'm not a mid-centric guy. 

One very good thing about the SD-3s was its fit- its nearly perfect.

After reading this post further, realised that perhaps the SD-2 would be better for me. 

You are not wrong there when describing the sd3, to me it is not neutral.. But i would say its a natural sounding iem. Great bass, great mids and good extension of the treble albeit rolled off as i couldnt hear anything past 15khz... Maybe my ears lol?

Feb 16, 2014 at 6:40 AM Post #576 of 1,401
I got mine yesterday changing them from a pair of RE400 that broke twice. I only have one word for the sound from them : addictive. Detailed enough without being grinding, bass is plentifull and tight and there is a sweetness to the sound that make me wanting to go through my whole collection just with the SD2. Fantastic earphone. I do have two questions though:

1. The pelican case is massive, does anyone know of a high quality but smaller ( more portable ) case ?

2. Considering an X5 as I am not big fan of my iPhone's sound. Do you think it will be a good pairing?

Westone has their Monitor Vault i think it's about $20 on Amazon, it's rather tiny when compared to the Pelican 1010 and it's very pocket-friendly.

Haven't tried the X5 as of writing this post, though I'm on the list for FiiO:s "X5 world tour" and will probably be getting my sample around the international release of the X5, which should be somewhere around the middle of march.

Feb 16, 2014 at 7:05 AM Post #577 of 1,401
Westone has their Monitor Vault i think it's about $20 on Amazon, it's rather tiny when compared to the Pelican 1010 and it's very pocket-friendly.

Haven't tried the X5 as of writing this post, though I'm on the list for FiiO:s "X5 world tour" and will probably be getting my sample around the international release of the X5, which should be somewhere around the middle of march.

Thanks ! I did look for cases on amazon but nothing worthwhile came up. Might get the X5 anyway and tgive it a try.

Feb 22, 2014 at 11:46 AM Post #583 of 1,401
Hi all, 

I am very interested in a pair of SD2 or 3s, but hope someone will be kind enough to answer this as I often have trouble finding something that fits:
What are the diameters of the flanges included?

Thankful for answers!

Feb 22, 2014 at 12:04 PM Post #584 of 1,401
  Hi all, 

I am very interested in a pair of SD2 or 3s, but hope someone will be kind enough to answer this as I often have trouble finding something that fits:
What are the diameters of the flanges included?

Thankful for answers!

What does it matter? It's almost impossible to determine the fit of some silicone buds by the uncompressed diameter of them. The UE900:s buds do fit the SD-1/2/3 so try there if you are worried about that stuff.

Feb 22, 2014 at 12:16 PM Post #585 of 1,401
Hi guys, anyone know if the Cosmic Ears cables will fit the SD2? I would like to buy a pair to keep as a spare just in case (I got a tendency on breaking earphone cables) but I would like to make sure that the plugs are the same. Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back