New Custom-to-Universal IEMs: InEar StageDiver 2/3
Feb 1, 2014 at 4:16 AM Post #511 of 1,401
Yes, mine fit like a glove. Just felt 'right' from the first moment. Interestingly my SD3's also fit my Misses like a glove too and she has small ears. She normally hates in ear phones but loves the fit of the SD3's. 

Feb 1, 2014 at 4:17 AM Post #512 of 1,401
Nice initial impressions. I must say it is only the possible fit issue that's stopping me getting a pair. 

Thanks David...

Yeah, i just bit the bullet and had to try it cos the SQ impressions from earlier reviews of it was up my alley.

Thomann does have a 30-day return should u have fitment issues... so I felt confident..

Feb 2, 2014 at 2:00 AM Post #513 of 1,401
Okay guys some more impressions, I was listening to it the whole day yesterday so maybe I can give a little more on the sound and other stuff:

COMFORT: As mentioned before, this to me feels tailored for my ears in terms of fit. This also applies to the comfort, was listening to it non stop for about 7 hours last night and my ears had no sign for stress, duress, pain and other words that are out of vocab. As I have never owned any customs i assume that fit and comfort is on par with CIEMs out there. (9/10)

SQ: I have used this exclusively with my IHIFI 960 + Elekit Hybrid Tube Amp (on high gain) and I can confirm that this setting gave me the most natural presentation of any IEM I have tried and IMHO on par with my HD600 (with Little Dot mkIVse amp). It is uncanny how these 2 are similar in tonality as well as Soundstage. It has been mentoned so many times that the soundstage of the SD3 is huge and similar to headphones and I can confirm this. Also what I love bout the SD3 is the unfatiguing nature of the sound that it produces. 7-8 hours listening to it? No problems.

DETAILS: My only gripe is in some tracks minor details were not as apparent as my A161p but funny thing is on other tracks it brings out some details that I have never heard on the A161p. Strange. 

More to come....

Note: Tried the SD3 with my little dot mkIV se when writing this (ALbum: Welcome Reality by Nero) and im in musical heaven...sooo much authority, dynamic like crazy, sound stage is now as huge as a grand hall. The bass it produces  is chest deep and makes my heart beat like crazy...never felt anything like this before...IM SCAAAARED

Feb 2, 2014 at 3:23 AM Post #515 of 1,401
I'm glad you like the SD3 :)

Personally I'm waiting on the Fiio X5, quality and level of output would be comparable with a good portable amp, from what I could read on Headfi. The paring can be also good with the signature of the X5. Hope so !

At the moment on my desk I use with the SD3 a Maverick Tube A1 and a Ibasso D7. My HD650 are taking a lot of dust, I use more the SD3, love the fit and isolation they procurent with a non fatiguing presentation :wink:

Feb 2, 2014 at 3:29 AM Post #516 of 1,401
  I'm glad you like the SD3 :)

Personally I'm waiting on the Fiio X5, quality and level of output would be comparable with a good portable amp, from what I could read on Headfi. The paring can be also good with the signature of the X5. Hope so !

At the moment on my desk I use with the SD3 a Maverick Tube A1 and a Ibasso D7. My HD650 are taking a lot of dust, I use more the SD3, love the fit and isolation they procurent with a non fatiguing presentation :wink:

I dont like it..I LOVE IT!!!! (lame I know, but its the truth).

My desk set up is the Win 8.1>Foobar>Maverick Audio D1>Little Dot MkIVse....and when using the SD3, it is more engaging, more fun, and everything more than my HD600...

Now the challenge is to get  the same sound on a portable setup..I think my DAP is great but as for the amp, portaphile 627x or Vorzuge PureII...

but whatever it is, I need that Desktop sound..never heard anything better in my 2 years noobish Audiophile Life

Feb 3, 2014 at 7:45 AM Post #519 of 1,401

Listening session with the Sd3 with my desktop setup. Again, Im shaking my head with disbelief. How are IEMs, universals even, can sound like this? The sound is coming from top, bottom, front, back.. it is crazy. When I read reviews here in head fi I thought it was good but I didnt expect this level of performance. My head is bobbing..my heart beating like crazy...what a sensation. 

I reconfirm with most SD3 owners that the SD3 really sounds like Headphones. Its all about synergy and I think my Mid-Fi setup have taken me into Audio Heaven. I really cant ask fro anything more.

So, If anyone who has the Maverick Audio D1 + Little Dot Mk IV se..please do yourself a favour and try the SD3...perfection

P.S. anymore suggestions on a portable setup that I can use to mimic my desktop setup?? I really need this sound with me everywhere now..Im hooked for life

Feb 4, 2014 at 1:22 PM Post #525 of 1,401
I can attest to the good fit for smaller ears....I had trouble with CIEMs (Heir 4A) but my SD2 fits like a glove.

I did have some slight discomfort in my right outer ear after about 3 hours of continuous usage.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back