New custom IEM company - Custom Art: discussion, review, and impressions thread
May 9, 2017 at 10:42 AM Post #3,766 of 4,065
Can't wait to get my 8.2's finally. Shipping should be in about 1 week. Now I have to find the right pairing.

FiiO X5 III
Onkyo DP-X1A
Ibasso DX200

are my final candidates. What do you use your's with guys?

Cable will be from SilverFi (IEM X), a lovely Company with super good cables (for those who believe in aftermarket cables) :)

I'll be using mine (when I do get them) with the sony zx100. Not the best (but not terrible too) in terms of sq, but the battery life is pretty much insane

May 9, 2017 at 10:45 AM Post #3,767 of 4,065
Mine is paired with a iBasso Dx200 and Linum Bax.
A few weeks ago, Piotr has suggested the EA ARES II+.

Imo H8.2 does sound great with a good quality copper cable. Ares II+ should probably be a very wise choice indeed.
Using an (8-strand copper) YY Pro Tucana myself => also superb synergy :ksc75smile:

May 9, 2017 at 11:27 AM Post #3,768 of 4,065
Imo H8.2 does sound great with a good quality copper cable. Ares II+ should probably be a very wise choice indeed.
Using an (8-strand copper) YY Pro Tucana myself => also superb synergy :ksc75smile:
I've been using an affordable Effect Audio cable and it has wetted my apatite for exploring their premium cables for my Ei.3. I might swing by Canjam UK this Summer and try out a few different cables. The Ares II and Ares II+ have suddenly jumped to the top of my "to try"-list after talking to Eric from Effect Audio.

First, sadly, my Ei.3 will go back to Piotr for a reshell as universal. Nothing to do with the Ei.3, it just seems my ears can't deal with the pressure caused by the custom fit. So sad about that because I love them to bits, but oh so happy Custom Art offer this option!

May 9, 2017 at 1:01 PM Post #3,769 of 4,065
I've been using an affordable Effect Audio cable and it has wetted my apatite for exploring their premium cables for my Ei.3. I might swing by Canjam UK this Summer and try out a few different cables. The Ares II and Ares II+ have suddenly jumped to the top of my "to try"-list after talking to Eric from Effect Audio.

First, sadly, my Ei.3 will go back to Piotr for a reshell as universal. Nothing to do with the Ei.3, it just seems my ears can't deal with the pressure caused by the custom fit. So sad about that because I love them to bits, but oh so happy Custom Art offer this option!

That's a shame, particularly as you had a good fit as well. Still at least you will get them back in a few weeks.

May 9, 2017 at 1:20 PM Post #3,770 of 4,065
That's a shame, particularly as you had a good fit as well. Still at least you will get them back in a few weeks.
Yes, the fit was spot on. Piotr did a really good job on that. This was just something no one could have predicted. In fact, neither my audiologist nor Piotr has ever come across such an extreme case before. That said, I use my IEMs a lot more than most people because they help me focus (I have ADHD). I wear them extraordinarily long hours because it is literally like a drug (they replace my medication). So the past days have been quite tough without that bit of support.

May 11, 2017 at 8:13 AM Post #3,771 of 4,065
Got my Ei.3 yesterday and loving it already. For 340€, this thing is crazy good, nice bass rumble, mids got body and still has sparkling treble although a bit less bright than my preference and smaller soundstage but it's okay, I'm totally enjoying it. Also the transparent shells amazed me when I first opened it. Compared to my previous CIEM, it just looks better and sparkly. Beaufitul indeed.

Now gonna go to audiologist with a friend who gonna purchase the Ei.3 too.
Thank you for the excellent service, Piotr :beyersmile:

May 11, 2017 at 8:29 AM Post #3,772 of 4,065
Got my Ei.3 yesterday and loving it already. For 340€, this thing is crazy good, nice bass rumble, mids got body and still has sparkling treble although a bit less bright than my preference and smaller soundstage but it's okay, I'm totally enjoying it. Also the transparent shells amazed me when I first opened it. Compared to my previous CIEM, it just looks better and sparkly. Beaufitul indeed.

Nice! Try and listen to how realistic instruments sound. I think the Ei.3 do that really well! It makes acoustic music especially nice to listen to.

Also, you can try the Effect Audio Ares II cable if you would like a bit more sparkle. Eric from Effect Audio explained to me that it improved treble extension.

May 11, 2017 at 11:43 AM Post #3,773 of 4,065

Thank you! Enjoy!

May 12, 2017 at 12:58 PM Post #3,774 of 4,065
Could anyone describe the import/duty process or fees for an order to the US? Tried to search and didn't find much. Really interested in the H8.2's but want an idea of the process before I take the plunge.

May 12, 2017 at 4:07 PM Post #3,776 of 4,065
Could anyone describe the import/duty process or fees for an order to the US? Tried to search and didn't find much. Really interested in the H8.2's but want an idea of the process before I take the plunge.
If there are any import fees they might be brokerage fees from FedEx processing. I know that UPS used to charge around $50 COD for that. But so far our customers didn't report such fees with FedEx. In other words, you shouldn't worry much about the process, but be prepared for some minor fees just in case.

May 14, 2017 at 10:39 PM Post #3,777 of 4,065
Can't wait to get my 8.2's finally. Shipping should be in about 1 week. Now I have to find the right pairing.

FiiO X5 III
Onkyo DP-X1A
Ibasso DX200

are my final candidates. What do you use your's with guys?

I use mine with QP1R. Lively and dynamic with superb mids. QP1R brings an energy to the 8.2. I also have a Sony WM1A which gives the 8.2 a fuller sound but with more laidback treble.

BTW I haven't heard your 3 DAP choices, but from what I've read X5iii has a warmish musical tilt, whereas the DX200 is neutral and slightly analytical. Myself, I prefer a neutral DAP and let the transducers do the flavouring.

Last edited:
May 15, 2017 at 12:53 AM Post #3,778 of 4,065
I use mine with QP1R. Lively and dynamic with superb mids. QP1R brings an energy to the 8.2. I also have a Sony WM1A which gives the 8.2 a fuller sound but with more laidback treble.

BTW I haven't heard your 3 DAP choices, but from what I've read X5iii has a warmish musical tilt, whereas the DX200 is neutral and slightly analytical. Myself, I prefer a neutral DAP and let the transducers do the flavouring.

Damn if the QP1R only had balanced Output...

May 15, 2017 at 4:53 AM Post #3,779 of 4,065
5 years...! where do I even begin...
5 years have passed since I founded Custom Art and in my wildest dreams I'd never imagined we would be in the place we are right now. We've already achieved so much, but funnily it seems like it's only just a start of a beautiful journey. We promise to continue our development and to constantly improve for you!

I want to thank every one of you for supporting us, believing in our products and vision. We hope that you'll still do so during the next 5 years to come. Custom Art's success wouldn't be and isn't possible without you!

Thank you!!!

May 15, 2017 at 5:08 AM Post #3,780 of 4,065
5 years...! where do I even begin...
5 years have passed since I founded Custom Art and in my wildest dreams I'd never imagined we would be in the place we are right now. We've already achieved so much, but funnily it seems like it's only just a start of a beautiful journey. We promise to continue our development and to constantly improve for you!

I want to thank every one of you for supporting us, believing in our products and vision. We hope that you'll still do so during the next 5 years to come. Custom Art's success wouldn't be and isn't possible without you!

Thank you!!!

5 yrs.jpg

What you've accomplished in that time is quite an achievement indeed => congrats Piotr and team!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back