New custom IEM company - Custom Art: discussion, review, and impressions thread
Feb 1, 2017 at 9:11 AM Post #3,571 of 4,065
  I guess I better reclaim what has been lost.

IMO it's the best value CIEM for something in this class.
I've heard other IEMs and well, some did sound smoother and all but nothing actually totally beats it. To be honest I'm pretty reluctant to buy other CIEM other than Anzu.

Mine is retuned and it was near perfect. Maybe because you didn't ask for retune :D

I agree about the retuning. It's important to remember the original Anzu was a custom project and so I expected refinements to be necessary. I can only say from my own experience that Piotr said it would be very difficult to make the changes I wanted, but he still managed to do it. Also, my Anzu variation definitely doesn't have recessed mids. I wouldn't say it is the perfect IEM for a vocal lover, but I think that would be almost impossible if you want the bass and treble boost.

Feb 2, 2017 at 9:54 AM Post #3,572 of 4,065

I agree about the retuning. It's important to remember the original Anzu was a custom project and so I expected refinements to be necessary. I can only say from my own experience that Piotr said it would be very difficult to make the changes I wanted, but he still managed to do it. Also, my Anzu variation definitely doesn't have recessed mids. I wouldn't say it is the perfect IEM for a vocal lover, but I think that would be almost impossible if you want the bass and treble boost.

And the original itself was refined with instructions from @Shini44 and fortunately his descriptions of the sound and how to better retune it hit the right mark on mine. Was really glad! Mine was damn perfect even with classical and such, I really like the treble extension.

Well, with all the talks about Anzu surfacing again, I guess I better buy it since the Anzu felt really special to me.

Feb 2, 2017 at 3:59 PM Post #3,575 of 4,065
Anyone can tell me how long it is taking to get their custom earphones with Custom Art?
Today makes 30 days that I bought mine.

I bought so far four CustomArt CIEMs since 2014 (Music One, Harmony 8 Pro, 12 driver custom project and finally Harmony 8.2)

All arrived between 4 and 5 weeks.

You need to count from the day not you ordered/bought, you need to count from the day your ear impressions arrived in Piotr's lab.

Feb 2, 2017 at 4:07 PM Post #3,576 of 4,065
I bought so far four CustomArt CIEMs since 2014 (Music One, Harmony 8 Pro, 12 driver custom project and finally Harmony 8.2)

All arrived between 4 and 5 weeks.

You need to count from the day not you ordered/bought, you need to count from the day your ear impressions arrived in Piotr's lab.

Yes, I think the same thing. But very anxious now. I really like the sound. A long time I don't buy a earphones that get me excited.

Feb 2, 2017 at 7:19 PM Post #3,577 of 4,065
Hi!

Here are some pics of my new and fresh H8.2 in silicone. I didn't think much about color design but I like mix of black and yellow so Cusotm Art made the swirl with those colours in mettalic. 

Looks good but fit and comfort  (after small correction) is amazing. Easy to put in and out, with little twist of course on those parts. Isolation as for very good fitted silicone CIEM is superb and mine doesn't even loose seal wearing winter cap. This is awesome cause that was a big issue for me in this time of year... Great craftmanship and I even could see the lab working! I believe in this company even more. 

I'm not saying more about the sound cause it will take some time to burn in and me to explore the sound. Just want to add that I had demo version so maybe I will able to compare to the custom one (from memory isn't the same). Especially that demo was connected by EA Ares II, quite an improvement from stock cable.     

Thanks @piotrus-g for great product, sharing your time and knowledge and having always friendly attitude! Keep up the good work! :)  

Feb 2, 2017 at 11:55 PM Post #3,579 of 4,065

Thanks for the clarification. Earlier in the thread, you said:
so it seemed like you were sleeping on IEMs with low driver counts. I got quite bothered when I read that since I take great pride in the single driver IEMs I own (Music One and ER4S) and how they can do many things much better than many multi-driver setups!

I think Custom Art's house sound is generally geared more towards coherence rather than separation. That said, do try out the Ei.xx if you can. It's pretty different from all the other Custom Art CIEMs and it has subwoofer-like bass and more lifelike mids than the 1More :)

I doubt I would be able to test them out and if they sound like the 1More there would be no reason for me to buy them. I would only look into the higher end ones for later down the road.

Feb 3, 2017 at 5:34 AM Post #3,580 of 4,065
Anyway! Is anyone excited for the FIBAE lineup? In about a month and a week, I should be demoing Custom Art's new single driver at CanJam.

Feb 5, 2017 at 8:44 PM Post #3,581 of 4,065
Well I am excited too.. IEM with flat impedance and phase, means consistent sound from any source :D. I'm all about good sound but also very lazy to carry my gear around, yet my music scattered in my phone.

I'll also attend CanJam SG next month, see you there? :)

Feb 5, 2017 at 8:45 PM Post #3,582 of 4,065
Well I am excited too.. IEM with flat impedance and phase, means consistent sound from any source
biggrin.gif
. I'm all about good sound but also very lazy to carry my gear around, yet my music scattered in my phone.

I'll also attend CanJam SG next month, see you there?
smily_headphones1.gif

SG is where?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back